Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beram Kayal - New Captain?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I vote yes.

Greer is no longer a certain starter, nor is Calde.

Beram looks a natural born leader, works hard and is constantly talking to the other players.

Any alternatives?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sounds good to me.
Sounds good to me but I do wonder whether he will be off sooner than we would like.
Oh god, don't start that. We've only got a couple of decent players, let's not assume they're off.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It should be Kayal with out a doubt, watch him on the field and he is constantly pointing and talking to the rest of the squad. Something which Greer seems to have lacked of late.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It should be someone who is competitive, organises, talks to the other players, talks to the manager and gets in the referee's face occasionally. There is only 1 to chose from.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd be very happy with Kayal as captain. One of our best players, a lot of experience and a natural leader.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Fantastic player and a leader on the pitch. Constantly helping, pointing and telling players what to do.
As has been said I don't think Greer or Calderon will be regular starters next year unless our recruitment is worse than last summer.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Of the 4 or 5 players we've got currently that will be starters next Season, yes he's the obvious choice.

Let's see who else comes in.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
That's the trouble with upcoming elections: they make everyone think they get a vote.

But yes, I'd love to see him as captain.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
I vote yes.

Greer is no longer a certain starter, nor is Calde.

Beram looks a natural born leader, works hard and is constantly talking to the other players.

Any alternatives?

I have been thinking this after seeing him in the last few games. but i also get the feeling he is aiming for bigger things.

with the players we have atm its hard to pick out a captain. but stockdale would be my choice

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A definite yes from me. Already shown plenty of leadership qualities both with his play and communication. He'll be the heart of the team next year.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Yes from me too, though it may depend on who Hughton brings in in the summer

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Gordon Greer will be captain next season.
He's been given another years contract for starters and has started 39 games for us this season out of 44.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here