calderon-210415-l229-2416083_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon with the award.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:56 21st April 2015
by Sam Garrett
I want to say thank you to every single fan who voted for me."
Inigo Calderon

Inigo Calderon expressed his gratitude after he was named Brighton & Hove Albion's 2014/15 Player of The Season at last night’s annual Players’ Awards Dinner at the Amex.
The Spaniard claimed top spot in the poll with 37% of the vote, beating fellow contenders Lewis Dunk, Joao Teixeira and Rohan Ince to the award.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I don’t really like these kind of awards, but I have to accept that it’s quite typical here in England. I want to say thank you to every single fan who voted for me.
“Thankfully this club isn’t just about what goes on the football pitch. I enjoy meeting the fans who come to these events and you start to see what people are doing to make this football club even bigger.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 33-year-old is Albion's longest-serving player at the club and says he aims to do everything in his power to help steer Albion to safety.
“I’ve been here five years and I really enjoy every single day that I’m here. We’re not having the best time this year but I’m still enjoying it. I’m learning a lot this year more than ever before and I want to keep the club in this division.
“The fans deserve something good because it’s been a bad season for them as well.They’ve been behind us the whole time. It would be a great way to finish the last home game of the season by getting three points against Watford."We’ve done really well in the last three years and finished in the top half of the table; hopefully we are going to be there again in the near future."
[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD****
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here