Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

charles dunne

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blackpool left back being sought by Bolton and Leeds 22 years old would cost about £100k according to The Sun yesterday, Anybody remember him? If so is he any good, could he be our left back answer without bringing in another loan. He was born in London so probably joined them when released by a London club.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Blackpool left back being sort...

SNN0352N---76822_1417236a.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can anybody ever answer a serious question with out trying to be clever?

Is he any good does anybody remember him from the game up there or at The Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only suggested price of £100k as he is going into the last year of contract and Blackpool are renowned for being money grabbing. The best left back in The Championship Tyrone Mings cost Ipswich £10k Do we have to offer £500k for people to think the player will be ok? As I have said I cant remember him but checking soccer base he has played 21 times for Blackpool since Nov including against us at Bloomfield Rd, so somebody may remember him.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think you're unlikely to get too many serious answers when it comes to suggesting random players as suitable for the club based on the interest of other teams. If we were linked with him I imagine you'd have many more involved responses.

As it is, I don't know anything about him so can't comment on how good he would/could be for us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think you're unlikely to get too many serious answers when it comes to suggesting random players as suitable for the club based on the interest of other teams. If we were linked with him I imagine you'd have many more involved responses.

As it is, I don't know anything about him so can't comment on how good he would/could be for us.

I fully accept that but havent other clubs come in for players we have been reported to have been interested in so can we not tap into other clubs scouting missions.if ours doesnt appear to be too successful of late. In fairness I think CH has appointed his own head scout.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I fully accept that but havent other clubs come in for players we have been reported to have been interested in so can we not tap into other clubs scouting missions.if ours doesnt appear to be too successful of late. In fairness I think CH has appointed his own head scout.

what about Chicksen

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only suggested price of £100k as he is going into the last year of contract and Blackpool are renowned for being money grabbing. The best left back in The Championship Tyrone Mings cost Ipswich £10k Do we have to offer £500k for people to think the player will be ok? As I have said I cant remember him but checking soccer base he has played 21 times for Blackpool since Nov including against us at Bloomfield Rd, so somebody may remember him.

Well we only paid £500,000 for Chris O'Grady, and he was a great replacement for Ulloa wasn't he, (he says sarcastically).

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
They have but I doubt that any club decides to sign a player based solely on the interest of another team? It might prompt a quick look but I would imagine (hope?) we've already had a good look through the available players of this division as it is (here's hoping anyway).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have but I doubt that any club decides to sign a player based solely on the interest of another team? It might prompt a quick look but I would imagine (hope?) we've already had a good look through the available players of this division as it is (here's hoping anyway).

I wasnt suggesting the club should just a matter of discussion on here as to his merit if any. I am sure the club dont take notice of the posts or suggestions on here, why should they when they employ people to do our scouting.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looks like he has played 4 games none for CH don't see why we should write him off just yet, although there is nothing on the club website ..................so it look a bit like they have written him off already

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not saying Dunne is the answer or Chicksen come to that but we need to find our own left back as our last 3 have all been loans, which appears to be a wasted loan that would be better used further forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here