Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D Day for my wife and the rest of the school

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because of the slashing of funding for brighton and hove unitary authority, there are meetings in all schools to announce the slashing of staff jobs, teachers, administrators, teaching assistants..which some of you may have read in the argus.

Anyway. Today is my wife's school's turn and this afternoon she finds out if after 20+ years she still has a job. It is not just her, it is the whole school that has been threatened with huge cuts.

:(:(:(

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'll never understand why people put this sort of personal thing on NSC.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
know how you feel mate ,my wife`s school has just been through this ,the trouble is they cut the jobs and then expect staff to do the same job with the same results with less staff .
Strangely the staff at the top seem to keep their jobs or get a pay rise ......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Because, as the reply suggests other people are going through this. But you could always ignore it..it is a free country and not the law that you have to read and respond to every thread :drool:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
know how you feel mate ,my wife`s school has just been through this ,the trouble is they cut the jobs and then expect staff to do the same job with the same results with less staff .
Strangely the staff at the top seem to keep their jobs or get a pay rise ......

Ain't that the truth. Nowadays, you either haven't got a job or you're expected to do the job of two people.

Because of the slashing of funding for brighton and hove unitary authority, there are meetings in all schools to announce the slashing of staff jobs, teachers, administrators, teaching assistants..which some of you may have read in the argus.

Anyway. Today is my wife's school's turn and this afternoon she finds out if after 20+ years she still has a job. It is not just her, it is the whole school that has been threatened with huge cuts.

:(:(:([/QU
Lots of people with learning disabilities have had cost cutting hanging over them with the potential loss/change of day service options!

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm equally baffled by those that feel they have to profess their disinterest, when simply not responding would do the job just as well.

I feel for anyone in that situation. Whilst I can't directly relate to it, the company I work for went through a huge restructure last year and it's bloody horrible waiting to find out if you're no longer required.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's happening at my daughter's school too - she's waiting to see if any of her favourite teachers are going,.

Fingers crossed for your wife, Dave ... although it's horrible to think that if it's not her, it will be someone else

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All the best for Mrs Dave.

But at least we've got a new Trident and the scrapping of inheritance tax to look forward to.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am living in fear
my daughter is working for/with an after school club co just hoping she does not get the phonecall too
good luck to everybody in this terrible situation

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
All the best for Mrs Dave.

But at least we've got a new Trident and the scrapping of inheritance tax to look forward to.

Somehow you just knew that someone would get in on this to voice their bias, pick on what they don't like and simplistically make a link as to the solution. I wonder if you have a family - presumably you will be giving all your dosh, your house and your car to the state when you die?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here