Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should I SUE EA Sports?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Whilst playing Fifa a few weeks back, I noticed that my (BHA) players were consistently having shots on target and I even managed to score a GOAL against Acrington Stanley. I called the EA Sports helpline but they reassured me there was nothing wrong with either my console or my game.

But this time, they're not fooling me. I'm just not having it. I'm marching into Curry's as soon as they open to demand a full refund. I want them to look me in the eye and tell me that this is what should be happening in a REALISTIC footballing simulation.....

CDDuVUAWEAA58Wy.jpg

The real question though... Should I sue EA Sports for false advertising? "It's in the game". No it isn't. Leon Best getting a 9.5 match rating, covering that much of the pitch and Brighton beating Watford 4-0 is NOT in the game. It's not even in Leon's wildest dreams. I've been DUPED into buying a game on the basis that it's a simulation when it's not. This is clearly a fantasy rpg.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you need to either play online or up the difficulty level - it's much more fun than smashing the computer team each game...!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Shove it on Legendary and I suspect you'll find it to be far more realistic (in result if nothing else)!

Also, could you imagine actually playing out a simulation of this season? That would be incredibly depressing.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Whilst playing Fifa a few weeks back, I noticed that my (BHA) players were consistently having shots on target and I even managed to score a GOAL against Acrington Stanley. I called the EA Sports helpline but they reassured me there was nothing wrong with either my console or my game.

But this time, they're not fooling me. I'm just not having it. I'm marching into Curry's as soon as they open to demand a full refund. I want them to look me in the eye and tell me that this is what should be happening in a REALISTIC footballing simulation.....

View attachment 64740

The real question though... Should I sue EA Sports for false advertising? "It's in the game". No it isn't. Leon Best getting a 9.5 match rating, covering that much of the pitch and Brighton beating Watford 4-0 is NOT in the game. It's not even in Leon's wildest dreams. I've been DUPED into buying a game on the basis that it's a simulation when it's not. This is clearly a fantasy rpg.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

I think I see the problem. Are you playing a 5ft 9 midget as the lone striker?

Do this and start pumping balls into his head, and the goals will soon dry up, and you'll have yourself the realism you crave! :thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Shove it on Legendary and I suspect you'll find it to be far more realistic (in result if nothing else)!

Also, could you imagine actually playing out a simulation of this season? That would be incredibly depressing.

This was on world class. I put it on legendary for one game and still managed 2 shots on target with CMS! This is definitely a faulty product.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This was on world class. I put it on legendary for one game and still managed 2 shots on target with CMS! This is definitely a faulty product.
World class is for cowards!

That said, to be able to display some effective attacking prowess on Legendary...yeah, ok, something's a bit screwy in your 'simulation'.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Maybe just Maybe it`s a sign from above.....Best will score 2 and CMS the other 2.....Odds probably 50/1...Get down the Bookies

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
prize for the funniest thread for a good long while

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I see the problem. Are you playing a 5ft 9 midget as the lone striker?

Do this and start pumping balls into his head, and the goals will soon dry up, and you'll have yourself the realism you crave! :thumbsup:

This. Just put CMS up front and when our centre half gets it, just press the shoot button instead of pass. That way, you'll find the ball keeps coming back in wave after wave of attacks.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
4-0 against Watford......they havn't got a leg to stand on.you will definitely get refunded.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I was play testing FIFA 16 couple weeks ago, trying the new games features at EA in Guildford! They have made some really good additions for the next game!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I fell out with FIFA and EA Sports when during my last manager career game Calde came to me and said he was homesick. Utterly unrealistic nonsense.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
We went through this with the developers, it is not scripted. We went through about 25 scenarios when playing FIFA 16 vs CPU and user to which we all analysed with the developers to prove it is not scripted. Human emotion is the key here!

There was one guy that said he ALWAYS concedes a goal in the last minute and looses to the CPU. So when the late goal went in to make him loose the game we went over and had a look...he had changed his formation to 3 at the back and was playing all out attack, the CPU counter attacked him and it was 3 on 1 at the back where he was short and they scored. Scripted he would say....just bad playing the developers mentioned.

As you can imagine we went through plenty of these scenarios showing that it was the human element that was not consistent vs a programmable machine that wouldn't know how ti 'script; a game from every scenario.

A few of the guys still didn't believe but there you go

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here