Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can someone confirm yea or nay

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can we play youngsters for the rest of the season, or are we limited to the mob in the 25 squad?

That is assuming we don't need anything in the last two games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as i recall, any "home grown" players under 21 are eligible over and above the 25 man squad.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure the 25 man squad only relates to the Premier League, and that there are no such limitations for the Football League.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent, so against Watford, would we be able to play some of the youngsters or are there rules that the football league have to keep it fair?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't do much worse than the shower we put out every Saturday

I think they very much could.

Youngsters need to be integrated gradually into a team, not dropped into a starting lineup in large numbers or on a wholesale basis. It might satisfy some fans if most of the 1st team squad was suddenly binned for this game in a "hah, that'll show THEM, useless tossers" kind of way. But the reality is that the kids would be torn a new one by a rampant Watford going all-out for automatic promotion, and that would do them no good at all IMO.

I'd like to see Walton given the last couple of games, and maybe a couple of the kids on the bench to give them a taste of the first team experience, but certainly no more than that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure about this but could we still sign a player on a short contract if he was out of contract, hypothetically somebody like Brazilian Ronaldo or is the transfer deadline in March the deadline for all signings. As I said I do not know just a question, not that it would happen

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not sure about this but could we still sign a player on a short contract if he was out of contract, hypothetically somebody like Brazilian Ronaldo or is the transfer deadline in March the deadline for all signings. As I said I do not know just a question, not that it would happen

ronaldo2.jpg

Could do a job ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Have you considered switching off your tablet and going for a walk?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was just an example as apparently he is back in training to play in the MLS. That was probably the picture published with the news of him making a comeback.in the team I think he part owns, if I remember correctly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm just glad BG clarified that he meant the Brazilian Ronaldo. Didn't want to go getting my hopes up that he'd heard something about the other one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here