Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB and the board

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are they taking us supporters for idiots saying that anything is good enough for them doesnt matter if we get relegated. We'll just give them so more flannel.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Big picture thinking... ultimately it doesn't matter if we are relegated. Yes, a lot of fans will be p*ssed off, the club's revenues will drop and we'll have an uphill struggle to get back to where we are now. But we will be playing league football, in a ground that is in the city and fit for purpose, with a top-of-the-range academy which WILL produce quality players who will bring in both results and money in the long term.

Nobody has sold our home to developers, the club aren't going into administration causing financial problems for numerous local business who will only get 2p in the £ on their debts and there isn't a vote due by the FL on whether we can continue to be a functioning, professional football club.

We've been relegated before and, as sure as eggs are eggs, we will be relegated again at some time in the future. It never has and it will never will be the thing that kills this club.

Reality check... This has been a sh*t season with drab, unexciting football, poor squad additions and dismal results (and I really can't wait for it to be over - I've hated it). But, ffs... we have had worse seasons than this!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is how it appears to me as I have seen it so many times in the past 65 years. Dont worry if we get relegated we will be challenging next season so the feel good factor will be back as will the crowds. I thought and hoped that with TB, a fan at the head those days would be over.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
This is how it appears to me as I have seen it so many times in the past 65 years. Dont worry if we get relegated we will be challenging next season so the feel good factor will be back as will the crowds. I thought and hoped that with TB, a fan at the head those days would be over.

But your original post to me implies that the Board could not give a toss as to whether we are relegated or not. I would agree that, in the longer term, we would bounce back and it would not be all doom and gloom, as pointed out by father_and_son above.

But in the short term, I am sure they will be as gutted as everyone else.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The problem is that the club spends more then it earns. FFP has tightened the spending power the club has, add to that poor transfer dealings and we are left struggling. Now that slight changes are being made with FFP over the next few years, the board maybe in a position to add more money to the playing budget. It's not a quick fix, things started to go wrong before Gus left and our chickens have come home to roost this season. The manager needs time to build a team that can challenge for promotion, that will take time now, maybe a few seasons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem is that the club spends more then it earns. FFP has tightened the spending power the club has, add to that poor transfer dealings and we are left struggling. Now that slight changes are being made with FFP over the next few years, the board maybe in a position to add more money to the playing budget. It's not a quick fix, things started to go wrong before Gus left and our chickens have come home to roost this season. The manager needs time to build a team that can challenge for promotion, that will take time now, maybe a few seasons.

Why do we appear to be the only club that has suffered because of FFP and others with smaller crowds less Sky revenue for televised games etc have prospered.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But your original post to me implies that the Board could not give a toss as to whether we are relegated or not.

But in the short term, I am sure they will be as gutted as everyone else.
That short term will be 2.15 till 2.30 on 2nd May after which they will be saying look how much we will make if we are challenging for promotion next season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why do we appear to be the only club that has suffered because of FFP and others with smaller crowds less Sky revenue for televised games etc have prospered.

I asked this question agaes ago and got shot down in flames

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Because it is not fashionable to doubt the board because of what TB has given us. He is God and God cant do wrong?

brand new sparkly stadium and training ground ........................and a team that could not hit a cows arse with a banjo

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It can only really be explained by not being able to retain managers recently and poor transfer activity.
If we can be stable in both management and squad (once CH has done his thing this summer), there is no reason why we cannot pick up again.

these were my thoughts ............................just hope you are right

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
brand new sparkly stadium and training ground ........................and a team that could not hit a cows arse with a banjo

I've always wondered why anyone would want to hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Is there just some strange fetish world out there that I am just not aware of?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Big picture thinking... ultimately it doesn't matter if we are relegated. Yes, a lot of fans will be p*ssed off, the club's revenues will drop and we'll have an uphill struggle to get back to where we are now. But we will be playing league football, in a ground that is in the city and fit for purpose, with a top-of-the-range academy which WILL produce quality players who will bring in both results and money in the long term.

Nobody has sold our home to developers, the club aren't going into administration causing financial problems for numerous local business who will only get 2p in the £ on their debts and there isn't a vote due by the FL on whether we can continue to be a functioning, professional football club.

We've been relegated before and, as sure as eggs are eggs, we will be relegated again at some time in the future. It never has and it will never will be the thing that kills this club.

Reality check... This has been a sh*t season with drab, unexciting football, poor squad additions and dismal results (and I really can't wait for it to be over - I've hated it). But, ffs... we have had worse seasons than this!

Talking a lot of sense here. It won't ease the pain if we are relegated, or the extent to which other clubs will laugh at us, but as you correctly state, the bigger picture is actually much more stable. If only .........................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here