Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Pavilion - How are you voting

Pavilion Vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
thinking of having a bit of a punt on this one, how are you locals(only) voting?

Ladbrokes have

Greens 1/3
Labour 9/4
Tory 50/1
UKIP 100/1
Lib 100/1

Ashcroft Poll Dec 14( i cant find a newer one) has

Green 38%
Labour 28%
Tory 21%
UKIP 8%
LIb 5%

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] saw your vote,are you now a registered pavilion voter? Have you moved from hove?

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I live in the constituency & it is Conservative for me, however, ours is the only home that i have seen with a Tory poster in the window.
Go round Hanover & it's green all the way :-(

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I live in the constituency & it is Conservative for me, however, ours is the only home that i have seen with a Tory poster in the window.
Go round Hanover & it's green all the way :-(

Do the houses look like this?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,438

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Can someone explain why that is cynical?

Because a proxy vote should only be given to someone you know and trust - not some random person manning a stall. What if you change your mind on the eve of the poll ? How are these students meant to inform their proxy of their change of heart ? Besides, what makes these students incapable of finding a post box ?

It's particularly cynical because activists of one particular party are offering the 'service' - I doubt very much they would accept a proxy from someone who wished them to place a vote for another party.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Research published this morning suggests that university students' support for the Greens and in particular dear Natalie is fading very badly.

Caroline Lucas to win though.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Because a proxy vote should only be given to someone you know and trust - not some random person manning a stall. What if you change your mind on the eve of the poll ? How are these students meant to inform their proxy of their change of heart ? Besides, what makes these students incapable of finding a post box ?

It's particularly cynical because activists of one particular party are offering the 'service' - I doubt very much they would accept a proxy from someone who wished them to place a vote for another party.

Did I read/hear that there are 7.5m that haven't made it on to the Electoral Register, as a result of Coalition changes to the registration process? This seems like a far more cynical, and dangerous ploy.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Did I read/hear that there are 7.5m that haven't made it on to the Electoral Register, as a result of Coalition changes to the registration process? This seems like a far more cynical, and dangerous ploy.

Modernising how people register ( i.e. moving mainly online ) and making registrations individual rather than household based to help prevent fraud is cynical ? Registering is as easy as it is to drop your postal vote in a post box so I fail to see a problem. I do see a problem with people signing away their vote to some random stranger.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here