Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-190415-l229-2412235_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
20:49 19th April 2015
by James Hilsum
I feel that this win will spur them on for the rest of the season, especially after coming back from behind and then going in front again."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women's manager James Marrs hailed a crucial win over Tottenham Hotspur today and praised the character of his players.The Seagulls scored twice in the final ten minutes to claim a 3-2 victory which leaves them just a point behind league leaders Portsmouth in the race for the title.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was an end-to-end game and there were a lot of chances for both teams. It was just a case of poor finishing for both sides, otherwise the game could have finished 7-6 or 8-7!
“We struggled to get going in the first half, but we changed the shape and had more of a solid foundation to the side in the second half.
“At half-time, I said to the players that we need to keep going and that we tend to be at our strongest from 60-65 minutes onwards. We knew we had goals in the team and the girls kept going right until the final whistle.
“I feel that this win will spur them on for the rest of the season, especially after coming back from behind and then going in front again.
“It was a rollercoaster of emotions across the board, but the girls stuck together. A point was probably a fair reflection of the game today, but I’m delighted to pick up all three.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion boss was also thrilled for debutant Emily Baker, who scored an 82nd minute equaliser and applauded the endeavour of Amy Taylor playing in a different role upfront.“Young Emily has popped up at the back post and I’m absolutely delighted for her. She’s grafted and worked her socks off all season and deserved the break she got today.
“I hope that she now moves onto the next step and becomes a more prominent figure in the first team.
“I felt that Amy Taylor had a really decent game as well and Holly [Talbut-Smith] gave us fresh impetus upfront. I was delighted for the youngsters and it shows we’ve got the strength in depth we need in the squad.”

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD****
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here