Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Youth vs. Watford or experience?!?

Youth vs. Strewth!

• Total voters

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmm I say play some of the youngsters... Is it time to make a statement re our future?!? Or is it time, yet again, to opt for the same bunch of failures who've so brilliantly wrought a season of utter capitulation?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really isn't time to experiment. Start with O'Grady and Ince. Greer and Dunk.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Really isn't time to experiment. Start with O'Grady and Ince. Greer and Dunk.

So you'd go for the same 16 or so, who've proven week in week out to be almost not good enough for this division under two permanemnt managers!?!? Bugger it... I want to see some high energy football, take Bournemouth, half of our starting XI simply can't live with that kind of pace and power - hence we're right up shit creek.

Nah; we need a different kind of experiment, I'm bored with the same old, same old chemistry kit circa 2015....

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Going for youth against a team going for automatic promotion could be seen as trying to give them three points to aid the promotion push and could lead to a fine / points deduction for us (seen as unsporting or deliberately throwing the match)

Besides, you have to go with experience and who knows, win our last 2 games may start to lift the gloom thats hung over the club since losing to Derby in the play-offs and start to lead to the road to recovery (it won't fix all but possibly a small chink of light breaking through, helping confidence and belief to start to return)

el punal

The only way we would opt for the "kids" over experience is if Millwall lose their match against Blackburn on Tuesday. Should that happen then we would be safe, with a far superior goal difference even if we lose the last two games.

I must admit it would be good to see some fresh faces in the side to inject a bit of excitement and passion into the team. Something that has been sadly missing in the last few weeks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So you'd go for the same 16 or so, who've proven week in week out to be almost not good enough for this division under two permanemnt managers!?!? Bugger it... I want to see some high energy football, take Bournemouth, half of our starting XI simply can't live with that kind of pace and power - hence we're right up shit creek.

Nah; we need a different kind of experiment, I'm bored with the same old, same old chemistry kit circa 2015....
No i would drop all loan players apart from Bennett and play our players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going for youth against a team going for automatic promotion could be seen as trying to give them three points to aid the promotion push and could lead to a fine / points deduction for us (seen as unsporting or deliberately throwing the match.
Agree. Appearing to roll over deliberately could have unfortunate repercussions. However, if Millwall lose on Tuesday, we could give one or two youngsters a shot - Walton and Rea, perhaps. I haven't heard of anyone else being touted as anywhere near a first team place yet.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No more loan players and put some DS on bench

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
No i would drop all loan players apart from Bennett and play our players.

This with bells on and I would even drop Bennett, the way he is getting roasted and play a DS player in there. Would have preferred Chicksen but he is out on loan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now is not the time for youth irrespective of current form stick with experience and hope, pray, shout for a win against Watford. The worst scenario is a Millwall win Tuesday, if that happens a win is a must against either Watford or Middlesbro.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Now is not the time for youth irrespective of current form stick with experience and hope, pray, shout for a win against Watford. The worst scenario is a Millwall win Tuesday, if that happens a win is a must against either Watford or Middlesbro.

Don't get your maths there. You honestly believe that Millwall WILL beat Derby and Wolves then? Take the 125s if I were you.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't get your maths there. You honestly believe that Millwall WILL beat Derby and Wolves then? Take the 125s if I were you.

They could quite possibly beat Blackburn, who have nothing to play for, to take them to 43pts. They will then be up for a fight against Derby and a draw against them will take it to the last day having to beat Wolves, and us needing a draw against Boro if we don't get any points against Watford.

Rotherham could find 3 pys from 3 games. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that this will go to the last day, but Blackburn could do us a favour and end our season on Tuesday.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
They could quite possibly beat Blackburn, who have nothing to play for, to take them to 43pts. They will then be up for a fight against Derby and a draw against them will take it to the last day having to beat Wolves, and us needing a draw against Boro if we don't get any points against Watford.

Rotherham could find 3 pys from 3 games. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that this will go to the last day, but Blackburn could do us a favour and end our season on Tuesday.

Even when we don't get another point, we're not going down.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Going for youth against a team going for automatic promotion could be seen as trying to give them three points to aid the promotion push and could lead to a fine / points deduction for us (seen as unsporting or deliberately throwing the match)

Would it really ?

Reading fielded an entirely changed team against Watford last month before their cup replay against Bradford - they inevitably lost and they were never fined. We would NEVER get fined for it unless they actually had proof and if we are safe from relegation and the FL question why we played a youth team - all we would have to say is that we had nothing to play for and were experimenting/looking at fringe players. They cannot fine you for that and if they did it would end up in court.

Oh and id throw some youth players in myself, along with those out of contract so they can have 1 last chance at proving their worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here