Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit late to say F1 is too expensive, Bernie..

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It`s getting boring too....Hamilton will win this season by a mile..cause he`s better than Rossberg... and they have the Best Car...Vettel very good driver may get a look in every now and then..Boring Boring Boring

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It is very sad to see how money has destroyed F1 History. No French Grand Prix since 2008 no German this year and no Monza next year.

Never mind, we have Shanghai, Bahrain,Abu Dhabi and Russia! next year Azerbajan :(

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ecclestone - in the loathsome charts he's difficult to better. Words fail me when I try to describe my disgust for this ******** ****** ****

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
don't really how they describe at racing anymore, just a parade ...

go carting offers more excitement as a spectator sport but never see it on TV, hope it stays that way as otherwise the money pours in and the sport gets ruined. Sounds a bit like the Prem:whistle:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
As a youngster growing up I used to love watching, supporting Jordan F1 and with them; much like Brighton being the underdog. Occasionally they would come good with a win or podium and they also introduced some great racers to the sport (Michael Schumacher had his debut with the team)

Today there is absolutely no chance of any new team entering and competing; the sport is one snooze fest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it none of the posters suggesting F1 is a boring procession saw today's race. More interesting than recent Albion performances and less predictable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a CJTC. he has the power, he can change it. he changes too much, hordes the cash from the teams then complains its too expensive. and the bit about Audi, ffs, how could he not know why the largest manufacturer in europe, home of Porsche and Audi that have long motor racing traditions, doesnt want to get involved?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I take it none of the posters suggesting F1 is a boring procession saw today's race. More interesting than recent Albion performances and less predictable.
Admittedly I say the sport has become a snooze fest based on my reducing from seeing all races live, to watching around 10 races live or highlights; per season for the last few. Did not see today's race.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
even greats like Senna,Prost,Schumacher and Sir Jackie Stewart needed the best car to win world championships

these greats could win the odd race in an inferior car,but not championships

not anything new in F1 in that sense

can understand the casual viewer finding it boring,abit like someone watching a football match,who's not really a fan,if the score's not at least 3-2,they'ed find that boring too

truth is the TV doesn't do it justice,live F1 is incredible

as a live sport,to choose between a Grand prix or a football match,it's a no brainer,Grand Prix everytime

I would recommend anyone to go to one,although these days tickets are very expensive

you would appreciate the speeds and skill levels of these drivers,trying to overtake a car that's a fraction of a second slower than yours when getting blocked takes real commitment

enjoy this while it lasts,who knows when the next British world champion is around the corner

Hamilton is a real talent make no mistake

him saying to Sir Jackie "how you doin? man" is I'd guess a mark of respect these days :lol:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As a youngster growing up I used to love watching, supporting Jordan F1 and with them; much like Brighton being the underdog. Occasionally they would come good with a win or podium and they also introduced some great racers to the sport (Michael Schumacher had his debut with the team)

Today there is absolutely no chance of any new team entering and competing; the sport is one snooze fest.

Well maybe not today, but there is a new team entering next season.
Haas F1 Team (previously known as Haas Formula and Haas Racing Developments) is a Formula One racing team established by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team co-owner Gene Haas in April 2014. The team originally intended to make its début at the start of the 2015 season, but later elected to postpone their entry until the 2016 season

Most of the current teams are just evolutions of older teams which have been sold to new owners and rebranded.
Jordan Grand Prix became Midland F1 which then became Spyker F1 and currently compete as Force India and still have an occasional chance of winning an odd race / gaining a podium spot but not of sustaining it for a title push.

Stewart Racing, which became Jaguar is now Red Bull.

Tyrrell became British American Racing (BAR) which became Honda which then became Brawn and is currently racing as Mercedes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here