Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Butters on the radio

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talks a lot of sense. He says our problem is we have no leaders or whingers on the field. Nobody to have a go at the players and interestingly nobody to moan at the ref. Yesterday a Wigan player committed 2 bad fouls nothing given a BHA player commits one not so bad but a yellow card. As he said Oatway or Carpenter would have been in the refs ear, not changing the decision but making him think about the tackles.

What has happened to WA?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought he was good on the radio yesterday, better than Virgo IMO.

Interesting. I really like Virgo. Aspinal talks a lot of sense and has a lot of Albion knowledge. Butters doesn't actually say much in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leon Best is constantly moaning at the refs.

As for leaders, Chippy & Oatway were formidable. Nobody argued with them, including their own team mates, according to BZ last year at Charlie's lunch.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Greer is a good whinger, though he tends to moan at everyone else when it's usually his fault

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Ah yes, that's the solution. Get some whingers and leaders on the pitch.

God forbid we get some good footballers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah yes, that's the solution. Get some whingers and leaders on the pitch.

God forbid we get some good footballers.

I think his view was that our players are good enough just need winding up occassionally to get the best out of themand keep them on their toes. Whinging at the ref would probably get some debatable decisions to go our way.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I think his view was that our players are good enough just need winding up occassionally to get the best out of themand keep them on their toes. Whinging at the ref would probably get some debatable decisions to go our way.

He may have a point. To me it just sounds like lazy football opinionating. I'm really only interested in how good our footballers' first touch is.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
KLL has been known to have a little whinge every now and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here