Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if he will get another league club?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Micky's managerial demise really has surprised me, from managing Leicester in the Premier League, to parting company with Tranmere in the lower reaches of League Two, in only a little over ten years.

I feel for him, and wonder why it's happened. You certainly don't become a bad manager overnight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think he got too bit a reputation for successfully managing clubs with no finances, as a result he ends upat a certain type of club always.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Micky's managerial demise really has surprised me, from managing Leicester in the Premier League, to parting company with Tranmere in the lower reaches of League Two, in only a little over ten years.

I feel for him, and wonder why it's happened. You certainly don't become a bad manager overnight.

Zamora?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I remember smirking every time I looked at the map going up Fan y Big in the Brecon and my Welsh mate didn't smirk once.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Perhaps more a case of the game moving forwards than individuals going backwards?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Portsmouth.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Perhaps more a case of the game moving forwards than individuals going backwards?

True that Micky's style was perhaps a little more, shall l say 'direct' than modern management techniques, but l'm convinced that there is still a place for his methods in the modern game, certainly in the lower divisions.

Whilst far from being a Jose Mourinho, or Arsene Wenger, he still didn't do too bad a job in his two stints at Port Vale.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
True that Micky's style was perhaps a little more, shall l say 'direct' than modern management techniques, but l'm convinced that there is still a place for his methods in the modern game, certainly in the lower divisions.

Whilst far from being a Jose Mourinho, or Arsene Wenger, he still didn't do too bad a job in his two stints at Port Vale.

Not saying it's a fact, merely that football has its fashions when it comes to managers & perhaps his style isn't fitting in with the current trends.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here