Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's stop with the 'Hughton Out' Posts

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
This is getting boring. Coming on NSC to post, 'Hughton Out', or 'Jones/ Calde' in. It's never going to happen, so what's the point?

We hired Hughton to save our season, we're not quite there yet, but are on the brink. Until whichever mathematically proven outcome happens - relegation or survival - stick with Hughton, at least until the end of the season. Then have a summer of posting whatever you want about him, but I am sure I am not alone on here in thinking, keep the negative, pessimistic 'Hughton Out' posts away!

Hughton's Blue and White Army all day long.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is getting boring. We hired Hughton to save our season

1. How do you know that was the objective? I imagine it was a little more comprehensive than that?

2. Has he saved our season or has the collective uselessness of 3 other teams done that?

3. Seeing as you know, what is his objective for next season?

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
I agree with the above post, let's get are selfs safe and see what happens in the summer and see who he brings in, he made a very good choice bringing in Kayal, he was never going to get the chance to make big changes back in January, give the man a chance with a full pre-season and players of his choice !!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
If the average player contract is 3 years then it would take a manager that long to get the team he wants. At the moment we have a team of Gus/Oscar/Sammi/ Chris players. I am still disapointed that CH hasn't been able to get more out of them but ffs let him at least have a full summer to put some of his players in place. As has been stated many times before this will be the first summer for 3 seasons that we have a manager in place for a full pre-season and you want to go and sack him!

Sorry don't mean OP but some of the posters on NSC

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will we wait until a week or so into the season to make most of our signings again? Hopefully we have learnt from that top six squad assembly cock up

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I agree with the above post, let's get are selfs safe and see what happens in the summer and see who he brings in, he made a very good choice bringing in Kayal, he was never going to get the chance to make big changes back in January, give the man a chance with a full pre-season and players of his choice !!

He also bought in Leon best

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
1. How do you know that was the objective? I imagine it was a little more comprehensive than that?

2. Has he saved our season or has the collective uselessness of 3 other teams done that?

3. Seeing as you know, what is his objective for next season?

I'm hoping that your post was not serious, because from how I see it, is it not blindingly obvious? It was hardly to go and get playoffs and promotion was it? Given the position we were left in, no thanks to Hyypia and Burke, it was clearly to survive - ideally that would have been achieved in March...
We've been poor, but won some big games since Hughton took over, it's not just down to the uselessness of 3 other teams...
Simple. Promotion. Our goal will be the same as about 20 others, even the 3 teams coming up will more than likely be aiming for promotion.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm hoping that your post was not serious, because from how I see it, is it not blindingly obvious? It was hardly to go and get playoffs and promotion was it? Given the position we were left in, no thanks to Hyypia and Burke, it was clearly to survive - ideally that would have been achieved in March...
We've been poor, but won some big games since Hughton took over, it's not just down to the uselessness of 3 other teams...
Simple. Promotion. Our goal will be the same as about 20 others, even the 3 teams coming up will more than likely be aiming for promotion.

It was totally serious. Of course we weren't going to make play offs, but if Bloom hired Hughton just to keep us up I'd be shocked. There's a whole bunch of other stuff to prepare us for a push next season (which must have been on TB's agenda) such as making some sort of progress and slowly improving, getting consistently good performances out of his better players (and we do have several) and developing a Hughton style with sensible alternatives.

All this would help in the preparation for next season ... 4 or 5 good buys in the summer and we give ourselves a chance

Seems to me we haven't made any progress at all, if anything we appear to be going backwards, and the default position is we have crap players and need to clear out the squad and buy a new one. I doubt that will happen and I am worried that he buys his 4 or 5 targets and they are either crap (see Best, Van Wolfswinkel etc) or worse still, he can't get the best from them (see any one of half a dozen of our players who were far better last season and before)

I was fence yesterday but having had a lazy morning I've got off it (temporarily I hope)

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
It was totally serious. Of course we weren't going to make play offs, but if Bloom hired Hughton just to keep us up I'd be shocked. There's a whole bunch of other stuff to prepare us for a push next season (which must have been on TB's agenda) such as making some sort of progress and slowly improving, getting consistently good performances out of his better players (and we do have several) and developing a Hughton style with sensible alternatives.

All this would help in the preparation for next season ... 4 or 5 good buys in the summer and we give ourselves a chance

Seems to me we haven't made any progress at all, if anything we appear to be going backwards, and the default position is we have crap players and need to clear out the squad and buy a new one. I doubt that will happen and I am worried that he buys his 4 or 5 targets and they are either crap (see Best, Van Wolfswinkel etc) or worse still, he can't get the best from them (see any one of half a dozen of our players who were far better last season and before)

I was fence yesterday but having had a lazy morning I've got off it (temporarily I hope)

I agree with most of your points, and hopefully the next two games will put some faith back into Hughton! I hold my breath though...

Hopefully next season is one of celebration!

D

Deleted member 22389

This is getting boring. Coming on NSC to post, 'Hughton Out', or 'Jones/ Calde' in. It's never going to happen, so what's the point?

We hired Hughton to save our season, we're not quite there yet, but are on the brink. Until whichever mathematically proven outcome happens - relegation or survival - stick with Hughton, at least until the end of the season. Then have a summer of posting whatever you want about him, but I am sure I am not alone on here in thinking, keep the negative, pessimistic 'Hughton Out' posts away!

Hughton's Blue and White Army all day long.

Yes please. It's actually quite embarrassing. Bloke has only been in the job 5 mins.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

surely in the position we find ourselves, all games are 'big games' as you say......we ain't doing it !!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Do not get this comment, as much as you can say the collective uselessness of 3 other teams. You can also say as it stands today, we are better then 4 other teams who sit below us in the league. We are where we are, we were there with Sami and we are there with Chris. You can blame the managers or you can ask the question, is it the players we have? Maybe we have overachieved in the last few seasons? Nobody knows. But what we do know is that we have sold a lot of players for large sums of money and spent a lot less on the replacements. Maybe we need to get real and understand that maybe we do not have the money to buy big named players, and will have to wait until the academy can produce them. Unless you can say that we have a better set of players today then we have over the last 2 seasons, where we have finished in the play offs, then the only conclusion is that we have an inferior squad, and you get what you pay for. People will say it's his tactics, well under Sami, we were more attacking and look where that got us. We have to accept that we have a poor squad and it needs a rebuild during the summer. I would wait and see what we do in the market before judging the manager, after all he can only produce a team challenging for the top, if the board invest money to buy top players.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes please. It's actually quite embarrassing. Bloke has only been in the job 5 mins.
Is that what half a season is these days-5 minutes? In his 5 minutes in charge we have shown no signs of improvement whatsoever, have gone over 10 hours before we scored a goal, lost at home to Blackpool, Millwall and many others plus we've lost many away from home including to Rotherham and Wigan-who are shit.

I don't get this 'Let's give him next season to see what he can do' business. Losing to the above and now relying on a -7 goal difference and poor results from other relegation candidates is enough for me. I hope this post gets dragged out in a few months to prove me wrong but I don't think he's good enough to handle the car crash we've become.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
NOPE

1) He has still not got us "safe"

2) His refusal to acknowledge the travelling support on Saturday might suggest he has a bad attitude to the fans

3) He has us playing boring, defensive, "hoof it up the front" football

4) He clearly cannot motivate the players

5) He brought Leon Best to the club. FFS even Obika used to try

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here