Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coaches ???

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Apologies if this has already been mentioned before, I was just watching Goals on Sunday which has Kevin Phillips on, I was wondering who we have within the coaching staff that coaches are forwards ?? Or would it help to bring in a Kevin Phillips or Teddy Sheringham type coach to help are forwards with there movement and hitting the back of the net ??

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Apologies if this has already been mentioned before, I was just watching Goals on Sunday which has Kevin Phillips on, I was wondering who we have within the coaching staff that coaches are forwards ?? Or would it help to bring in a Kevin Phillips or Teddy Sheringham type coach to help are forwards with there movement and hitting the back of the net ??

I think you would find it hard to get Phillips as he has mentioned he wants to work as close to home as possible which I believe is the West Mids although he would be a great coach as a model professional

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Agreed, I didn't mean one of them two, I ment just in general just someone that could come in with that experience to coach are forwards as I don't see any forward coaches in are coaching setup and might improve are strikers movement and strike rate in front of goal

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It would be interesting to note what other clubs do- do the successful ones all have proven striking coaches in place? Is your ability to coach strikers connected to your own career record, or is it about your man management & motivational skills, I wonder?

They can't all have a Kevin Phillips sort doing the job, simply because great strikers are relatively thin on the ground.

Wouldn't surprise me to find ours is Mark McCammon, that said.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Only have to look at West Ham to see how it can work for the better. Last season they were poor attacking and Allardyce was forced to bring a striking coach in. Sheringham joined up and this year, there attacking play (and league position) is much improved. Admittedly they brought some new strikers in also. Anyone know if Zamora has done any coaching badges?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I've been wondering for a while who is coaching our forwards. Whoever it is he isn't earning his wages.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Ive been think about this recently... Whoever is currently doing it is obviously clueless. Surely it must be something the club should consider.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We already have a striking coach, I understand from reliable sources within the club, that Johnny Wilkinson has been doing it in his spare time with a view to taking it on full time next season. He is very happy with the way things are going apparently.:lolol:

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I've been wondering for a while who is coaching our forwards. Whoever it is he isn't earning his wages.

I think who ever it is also teaches our indirect free kicks as well, they are completely shocking as well

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Its obvious. He's out of work and available. Paul Lambert is a shoe in for the role of motivational guru for our strikers.

End of thread surely?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is Joaquin Gomez still a first team coach? If not then it must be down to Nathan Jones.

Nope, he was let go when calderwood came in and Jones became first team coach. Gomez seems to be doing the rounds of a load of clubs continuing his education/training. Wouldn't like to say it was a bit strange to release a up and coach

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here