Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you know if we survive it will be Albion's longest ever consecutive tenure ...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
But....we have been longer in the top two divisions between 1977 and 1987

I hope you got that stat from Paul barber rather than him from you

D

Deleted User X18H

I got that stat from inside my brain which is full of Albion stats and opens up doors . The point being consecutive seasons in one division .

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Yes we did but only stayed in each division for maximum of four years then either promotion or relegation.
If we stay up it will be the first time we have spent a continuous 5 seasons in one of the top two divisions.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was on here many weeks ago.

Thanks for reiterating possibly the most pointless statistic, for the reason [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] indicates, once again though.

You have proven it doesn't get any more relevant.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Thanks for reiterating possibly the most pointless statistic, for the reason [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] indicates, once again though.

Correct, but a stat nonetheless and one that Paul Barber has started to quote.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Correct, but a stat nonetheless and one that Paul Barber has started to quote.
I'd have taken issue with PB over that chest puffing 'fact'.

By virtue of the fact comparing AMEX era Albion with all that came before is the same as comparing oranges and elephants.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The real stat is this our second most successful period of our entire history. That is worth quoting and pondering as we reflect upon a dire season.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The real stat is this our second most successful period of our entire history. That is worth quoting and pondering as we reflect upon a dire season.

Barber states it will be the first time in 105 years that we will have stayed in one of the top two divisions for 5 years and he thinks that is an achievement. .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I think your dislike for the overweight, balding idiot is somewhat colouring your response. It is quite a good stat (certainly that moron's best post this year) and one I would never have dreamt of in the last 20 years prior to the Amex.

(No need to thank me for defending you Timmy)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barber states it will be the first time in 105 years that we will have stayed in one of the top two divisions for 5 years and he thinks that is an achievement. .

My favourite Barberism was how he turned a drop in catering income into a positive :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think your dislike for the overweight, balding idiot is somewhat colouring your response. It is quite a good stat (certainly that moron's best post this year) and one I would never have dreamt of in the last 20 years prior to the Amex.

(No need to thank me for defending you Timmy)

Overweight idiot. He "runs" marathons you know!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

If I got precious about this I'd take this comment as an insult. The yardstick for success is bettering the 10 continuous years we were in the top 2 divisions 77-87. Most Albion fans with a brain will be aware of this fact and be making a similar comparison, and to suggest we're breaking new ground here is like those pundits who treat the a English top flight as starting in 1992-93. Learn your Albion history Barber!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here