Tony Bloom at the station yesterday after the match

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion Fan "Any chance of buying us a drink Tony, I'm skint"

TB "Sorry mate I'm skint too"

Sounds as if we're in for a close season of cast offs, ne'er do wells and dreaming of the glory days when we had Chris Holroyd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley Mr Bloom doesn't carry cash.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Albion Fan "Any chance of buying us a drink Tony, I'm skint"

TB "Sorry mate I'm skint too"

Sounds as if we're in for a close season of cast offs, ne'er do wells and dreaming of the glory days when we had Chris Holroyd.

Off topic I know, but watched Holroyd for Macclesfield the other day, he came on as a 2nd half sub vs Eastleigh. Simply dreadful, what did Poyet/our scouts ever see in him?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Off topic I know, but watched Holroyd for Macclesfield the other day, he came on as a 2nd half sub vs Eastleigh. Simply dreadful, what did Poyet/our scouts ever see in him?

Agree totally.

Liam Dickenson was arguably worse as we spent £300k on him in League 1 when we were still at Withdean. He's now at Hyde I think.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agree totally.

Liam Dickenson was arguably worse as we spent £300k on him in League 1 when we were still at Withdean. He's now at Hyde I think.

Goodness me..... See Gary Dicker scored yesterday - better passer than some we have now!

Both Russell Slade signings as was Elliott Bennett. It goes to show that all managers can choose good and bad players.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ditto re CMS, but at a far more devasting cost to a finite player budget - £2.5m and £3.5m in payroll costs. At Championship level "what did Poyet ever see in him?"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Both Russell Slade signings as was Elliott Bennett. It goes to show that all managers can choose good and bad players.

Agree entirely. It's a bit of a lottery, the the biggest signings in PL history have been Di Maria and Torres, and they both turned out to be £250k a week bench warmers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ditto re CMS, but at a far more devasting cost to a finite player budget - £2.5m and £3.5m in payroll costs. At Championship level "what did Poyet ever see in him?"

Probably the same as we did, there weren't many complaints when he joined, and the first couple of months were good!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whatever happened to Mr Burns? I used to enjoy arguing with his rubbish.

Not sure. Think he spontaneously combusted one match after Barnes scored the winner when he luckily shinned one in from 20 yards that was heading for the corner flag and caught a lucky gust of wind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree entirely. It's a bit of a lottery, the the biggest signings in PL history have been Di Maria and Torres, and they both turned out to be £250k a week bench warmers.
But surely every player that the Albion sign MUST be a world beater, who happens to play second division football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here