Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more polls!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
How different would the outcome of the election be if we didn't have all of these constant polls conditioning and leading people on how to vote?

If you had no idea on the current position in the polls would it change the way you vote?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn't change it, but I don't think polls should be published during the campaign.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Could we do a poll on this?

lib-dem-vote_1637703c.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Vote UKIP.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Vote conservative, the party with the brains.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The polls have no influence on how I vote given that these are national polls and on a first past the post system will have no bearing unless produced at a local level. I would have thought that most people make their decision based on what they hear and understand of the pledges and whether they believe these will be followed through.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well its an interesting question, they do ban polling on the day for concern that it will sway voters. the theory goes that people want to side with the winner, though im sure we are more complex than that and especially in marginals tactical voting would come in to play.

i think the polling is over done and as we see people dont pay much attention to who is doing the polling or compare different polls to get distorted swings of opinion. with the unusual set of parties in this election i wonder how certian the pollsters can be in their methodology to "correct" and extrapolate their samples. with all the talk about hung parliament and the effects of coalition make up, are people going to switch late in the day?

The polls have no influence on how I vote given that these are national polls and on a first past the post system will have no bearing unless produced at a local level. I would have thought that most people make their decision based on what they hear and understand of the pledges and whether they believe these will be followed through.

This theory is based on the fallacy that what people want is for politicians to make promises and then keep them.

Does nobody realise that what people actually want to vote for is a decent individual who looks trustworthy? Any "promise" that includes the word "billions" is largely ignored by most voters.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
How different would the outcome of the election be if we didn't have all of these constant polls conditioning and leading people on how to vote?

If you had no idea on the current position in the polls would it change the way you vote?

They don't influence how I will vote, but I do think that they help to stimulate conversation and discussion of politics and the issues, which can only be a good thing. The more engaged the public is the more people vote and the more people engaged in the process and less apathy, the more valid and productive the process will be.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I cannot help thinking many polls are just made up, for political means.. has anyone asked YOU, every day?

I got a phone call on Monday asking me for my opinion on a poll, but I refused saying I didn't want to discuss my vote.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This theory is based on the fallacy that what people want is for politicians to make promises and then keep them.

Does nobody realise that what people actually want to vote for is a decent individual who looks trustworthy? Any "promise" that includes the word "billions" is largely ignored by most voters.

Someone who has 6 kids & stood with us all at The Valley?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here