Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanking for the fans...

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Top work from all the players today. Not only did they perform like a complete bunch of disinterested spastics for 90 minutes, but none of them bar Stockdale bothered to acknowledge the fact that over 700 people went all the way to Wigan to watch them flid around

Normally, this sort of thing doesn't grate with me. Buty you'd think one of them would have the decency to acknowledge we went all that way despite how pony they have been for the last month and a half. Topped off by Best and Bruno making a half hearted attempt at a clap, followed by what looked like a "**** off" wave and then disappearing

On today's performance, we deserve to go down. The players seem to think they are coasting towards another season in the Championship and do you know what? **** them. I hope they all end uplooking up where Fleetwood is on a map

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or look Fleetwood up on a Mac.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
Top work from all the players today. Not only did they perform like a complete bunch of disinterested spastics for 90 minutes, but none of them bar Stockdale bothered to acknowledge the fact that over 700 people went all the way to Wigan to watch them flid around

Normally, this sort of thing doesn't grate with me. Buty you'd think one of them would have the decency to acknowledge we went all that way despite how pony they have been for the last month and a half. Topped off by Best and Bruno making a half hearted attempt at a clap, followed by what looked like a "**** off" wave and then disappearing

On today's performance, we deserve to go down. The players seem to think they are coasting towards another season in the Championship and do you know what? **** them. I hope they all end uplooking up where Fleetwood is on a map

That's a great post, and respect for you to going to the game today.

It's bugged me for a while now about the clapping thing - it's something that's really died down over the last few years.

I don't expect the whole team to come over clapping furiously at 90 minutes of course, but a bit of appreciation from most of the players wouldn't go amiss.

There seems to be no identity about the club at the moment, and that's worrying.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Obama-clapping-gif-tumblr.gif

I hope you feel appreciated now. The leader of the free world is applauding you.

(in honor of my being in Chicago where Obama lived when he was elected president and where the city would like him to locate his presidential library)

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don't need congratulating for going to matches. I choose to do so because I want to watch my team - I have done so for over 50 years and don't intend to stop doing so because of a poor run of results. It doesn't surprise me that the players wanted to get off the pitch quickly - booing, throwing scarves onto the pitch, shouting to them to f*** off didn't really encourage them to hang around! I should imagine Stockdale wondered, in retrospect, whether it was worthwhile acknowledging the crowd considering he received such abuse from some people on Twitter. Fortunately the people booing etc were in the minority but, as far as I'm concerned, their behaviour was embarrassing, but each to his own - we are repeatedly being told by some that paying money entitles them to voice their opinions! As I've said before, I think some people need to attend anger management courses! Of course we are all gutted at the way the season has gone and I too hate the way the club has become a corporate entity, but, sadly it was on the cards that the latter would happen. I really hope that we can pull something out of the perished bag and stay up but, whatever the outcome, I shall still be going to matches, both home and away. Up the Albion!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Not sure its very pc to use the word "spastic" anymore! But performed like a complete bunch of disinterested overpaid pricks is probably ok?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was there yesterday and thought the support we gave was magnificent
Shame the players didn't show us respect or effort on the pitch
An expensive day out, but I do it because I have passion for the club unlike the players
I didn't boo and to be fair I would say that it was a minority that did
Having said that I understand their frustration

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I was there yesterday and thought the support we gave was magnificent
Shame the players didn't show us respect or effort on the pitch
An expensive day out, but I do it because I have passion for the club unlike the players
I didn't boo and to be fair I would say that it was a minority that did
Having said that I understand their frustration

I agree with that. However there are still players who do have a passion for the club, especially, of course, Calderon - I really hope he is still with us next season. I was also impressed with Kayal encouraging the crowd to give their verbal support to the team. Whatever people think about CMS, he also, gives his all, whether or not there is an end product - not all his fault if there isn't although some would say it is!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
None of the players came over as such, but then again I imagine I'd probably be the same in their shoes. They're probably afraid of getting abuse hurled at them, so the ones who did applaud (the usual candidates- Greer, Calderon, Bruno, Stockdale etc) chose to applaud from a safe distance, somewhere near the half way line. Obviously Best didn't bother, but then again I'm so completely indifferent to his entire mediocre existence, that I'm not in the slightest bit interested in whether he appreciates the travelling support or not.

Of all the things to bother me yesterday, the distance between the players and the fans when giving out the appreciation at the end was at the lower end of the list.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

we had chances to win the game yesterday but we didnt take them stephens and kayal should of scored in first half and lua lua should of scored twice in second half

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I wouldn't have come over to show appreciation to us yesterday so why should they. Stockade was getting it in the neck after a pretty blameless game, doesn't invite happy clapping. That said I think it important that certain players are made aware of my displeasure, not that they'll care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here