Jul 14, 2003
eastside
That's all you can say players don't deserve it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am constantly amazed at how many are still going to away games. As you say the players don't deserve it.

They must think we are all right mugs.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
I am constantly amazed at how many are still going to away games. As you say the players don't deserve it.

Yep agree but good to see plenty up in wigan

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Does a team deserve spectators/fans? It's a strange way of thinking.
I went because I wanted to watch a game of football. I don't think I deserve 'respect' for my choice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I went because I wanted to watch a game of football. I don't think I deserve 'respect' for my choice.

Everyone who went wanted to watch a game of football but the current situation really is testing the resolve of away fans.

My take is this is abjectly pathetic now on the road, moribound, clueless and making me think again about whether I want to spend a whole day doing this.

About an average fan as only 14 away games this season - may go to Middlesbrough and may not depends on what mates do and require getting up at 04:30

Be very honest the last good away game was Fulham which was last year, we are poor at home and poor away now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone who went wanted to watch a game of football but the current situation really is testing the resolve of away fans.

My take is this is abjectly pathetic now on the road, moribound, clueless and making me think again about whether I want to spend a whole day doing this.

About an average fan as only 14 away games this season - may go to Middlesbrough and may not depends on what mates do and require getting up at 04:30

Be very honest the last good away game was Fulham which was last year, we are poor at home and poor away now

I'm not going to Middlesbrough as I have a prior engagement. As I said I pays my money and makes my choice, it doesn't entitle me to extra respect.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm not going to Middlesbrough as I have a prior engagement. As I said I pays my money and makes my choice, it doesn't entitle me to extra respect.

Jury is out for me on Brough but face facts it has been inert on the road this season

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
That'll be due to a collection of good boozers in Wigan then as top off In Manchester on teh way home. I have to admit i don't know how people who literally drive up arrive 30 mins before kick off endure 90 minutes of dogshit then drive straight back get through the day though. No beer, no fun.

As for Boro wouldn't be disapointed if all trains stopped at York missed the game and just when drinking aorund that fine city for a good few hours beats watching the crap that has been served up this season. Why ruin a great drinking day out?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
on the lash ???
regards
DR
Yep plenty think locals were surprised how many ,took over 2-3 pubs few incidents but suppose that's going to happen with such large numbers of gents enjoying a few in the sun��

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yep plenty think locals were surprised how many ,took over 2-3 pubs few incidents but suppose that's going to happen with such large numbers of gents enjoying a few in the sun��

you certainly seemed to have enjoyed your beer.
Wigan had some good pubs,and i dont think many goldfish were flushed down the train toilets............good away trip let down by the utter clueless crap on the pitch.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I enjoyed Charlton. Mind you that was my last away game. I have nothing but admiration for the support that turn up to every away game knowing the team are not going to put a full shift in.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
you certainly seemed to have enjoyed your beer.
Wigan had some good pubs,and i dont think many goldfish were flushed down the train toilets............good away trip let down by the utter clueless crap on the pitch.

Yes you too, thou all that walking tired you out good job auntie sten was along side to keep you going, remember your leeds old school according to your new manc mate at euston

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
wigan.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When I used to go to away games regularly if the team were doing well it was about the result and if the team were doing badly it was about the day out with the football just getting in the way of the drinking a bit. My last regular away season was 1982/3, but I guess it hasn't changed that much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here