Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Tony Bloom to step down?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The Buck has to stop with Tony Bloom.

There is no doubt he is a very clever business man, but when it comes to running a football club, other than throwing money at it and building property, I think he lacks the skills to run one.

His failure to hold onto managers, and then take so long in appointing the next one, is part of the reason we are in the mess we are. Not once, but twice. He's gambled and lost. We fans see the job as the best outside the Premiership, but the last three managers walked away (well Poyet tried to but got beaten to it!!)

He has failed in his recruitment both on and off the pitch.

There is absolutely no doubt without his money we would not be where we are today. But he threw money at it, got us a new stadium and training ground and for that we have to be ever grateful. But is that all his is, a cash cow, can he actually run a football club? I starting to doubt it.

The club is in free fall.

The squad is not performing.

The entertainment value is about 1/10.

We have the 3rd/4th manager (depending on your view) who is playing negative, boring football. Could he not have appointed someone with different ideas to the last couple.

Is it time for Tony Bloom to give up his control and become a fan again.

I think this close season, and the rest of the year, is make or break for him. We have to go all in, or bust. Because if the decline continues at the rate it is, we will just fade away and all the hard work will be for nothing.

Let's hope Millwall or Rotherham do us a favour!

I think we are safe. But somethings got to change!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
19000 season tickets after the season we have had tells you that he retains the faith of the fans. I'm not convinced he is that good on the football side but it's his toy, he paid for it and he'll decide when and if he's had enough.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You don t need skills to own a football club you need money.
He won t be giving anything up unless someone is going to part with serious cash.
He has changed the recruitment process and we have a manager who will have an opportunity to refresh the squad.
Suggest you snap back to reality realise this is not championship manager you will realise the clubs in good hands.
Would rather TB the some random American, Ashley or Oil Barron figure

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Buck has to stop with Tony Bloom.

There is no doubt he is a very clever business man, but when it comes to running a football club, other than throwing money at it and building property, I think he lacks the skills to run one.

His failure to hold onto managers, and then take so long in appointing the next one, is part of the reason we are in the mess we are. Not once, but twice. He's gambled and lost. We fans see the job as the best outside the Premiership, but the last three managers walked away (well Poyet tried to but got beaten to it!!)

He has failed in his recruitment both on and off the pitch.

There is absolutely no doubt without his money we would not be where we are today. But he threw money at it, got us a new stadium and training ground and for that we have to be ever grateful. But is that all his is, a cash cow, can he actually run a football club? I starting to doubt it.

The club is in free fall.

The squad is not performing.

The entertainment value is about 1/10.

We have the 3rd/4th manager (depending on your view) who is playing negative, boring football. Could he not have appointed someone with different ideas to the last couple.

Is it time for Tony Bloom to give up his control and become a fan again.

I think this close season, and the rest of the year, is make or break for him. We have to go all in, or bust. Because if the decline continues at the rate it is, we will just fade away and all the hard work will be for nothing.

Let's hope Millwall or Rotherham do us a favour!

I think we are safe. But somethings got to change!

Who would you suggest should take over? Perhaps you have a few hundred million quid that you could step I with?

What always seems to escape a lot of idiot Brighton fans, is that we aren't the only club in the country trying to get to the Premier League. There are a hell of a lot of others, some of who have been trying, with similar or better resources, for a hell of a lot longer than we have.

How the hell is it 'make or break' for Bloom? Who's going to sack him? Who's going to come in with millions and millions of pounds and do a better job? Some rich Arab who's never been to Brighton and knows nothing about football? Get a ****ing grip for **** sake.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...We have the 3rd/4th manager (depending on your view) who is playing negative, boring football. Could he not have appointed someone with different ideas to the last couple.

are you seriously trying to say Oscar, Hyypia and Hughton play the same style of game?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Oh dear. It's going to be a long evening isn't it?

Takeaway - Check
Vino plonk - Check
Plenty of battery life on tablet - Check
Pringles - Bugger ran out, oh well.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
are you seriously trying to say Oscar, Hyypia and Hughton play the same style of game?
No I am not. But it comes to the end result, one isolated striker and the complete lack of ability to score goals. They all seem to use centre forwards out of position.

Thank **** Harry Kane never joined us on loan when it was rumoured, otherwise we'd have ****ed him up to!

The styles may be different, but the end result is boring drab football, with players out of position, and a complete lack of goals! We can't keep saying the strikers are shit! We've been through enough of them!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Think he means they all play one up front. I'd be surprised if he got more technical in his analysis than that.
That's all that needs saying isn't it. As I said below, how many more strikers will we ruin.

We play a right back as a wide midfielder/striker. We play a central striker as a wide left forward. We play a system that creates very little chances.

But anyway this thread is about the chairman, not the players.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
19000 season tickets after the season we have had tells you that he retains the faith of the fans. I'm not convinced he is that good on the football side but it's his toy, he paid for it and he'll decide when and if he's had enough.
I know. Amazing isn't it. As I said, will he still have that faith come Christmas if we are still in this position,

I don't think so. As I said, I think next season is make or break for him

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You don t need skills to own a football club you need money.
He won t be giving anything up unless someone is going to part with serious cash.
He has changed the recruitment process and we have a manager who will have an opportunity to refresh the squad.
Suggest you snap back to reality realise this is not championship manager you will realise the clubs in good hands.
Would rather TB the some random American, Ashley or Oil Barron figure
I fully realise this is not championship manager. Even a computer programmer wouldn't have two post/pre seaons without a manager. No one would believe it!

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex

19000 season ticket holders follow the Albion not Tony Bloom, if he goes we would all still be there through thick or thin....

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know. Amazing isn't it. As I said, will he still have that faith come Christmas if we are still in this position,

I don't think so. As I said, I think next season is make or break for him

What do you mean 'make or break for him'? How is it 'make or break'? What will happen to Tony Bloom if we have a bad season next season? How will he 'break'? I'm intrigued.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Who would you suggest should take over? Perhaps you have a few hundred million quid that you could step I with?

What always seems to escape a lot of idiot Brighton fans, is that we aren't the only club in the country trying to get to the Premier League. There are a hell of a lot of others, some of who have been trying, with similar or better resources, for a hell of a lot longer than we have.

How the hell is it 'make or break' for Bloom? Who's going to sack him? Who's going to come in with millions and millions of pounds and do a better job? Some rich Arab who's never been to Brighton and knows nothing about football? Get a ****ing grip for **** sake.
Don't know. Doesn't need Bloom to walk away completely, just give up the running of the club completely, or get someone better in to advise him, because at the moment its not working is it.

It's not knee jerk to say we have failed badly this season, but if Bloom continues his recruitment policy this summer, we are truely ****ed.

Adam Clayton, The Bournmouth Striker Wilson, Stephen Ward, and a couple of other who names escapes me, where all identified but not signed by the club. Blame Burke if you like, but we had the players on the radar under him, but we never completed the signings. I suppose who is to blame is who is due the flack. Bloom or Burke, although it would be convention to blame Burke, Bloom is the chairman, so needs to share that blame.

This summer he needs to make those signings. That's if the club is a big draw any more, because if I was a striker and Brighton wanted me, I think it would be a last resort, after how previous strikers have preformed here.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Hope the OP has invested in some incontinent pads otherwise he'll be swimming in his own piss tonight.

I knew we'd get some serious bed wetting on NSC tonight.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What do you mean 'make or break for him'? How is it 'make or break'? What will happen to Tony Bloom if we have a bad season next season? How will he 'break'? I'm intrigued.
Chances are we will go down. I am truely amazed that 87% of season ticket holder renewed, and I think most are hoping that we do the business in the summer. If this rot continues, with fans throwing stuff on the pitch, and the weekly boos at the Amex, that a lot of flack would not turn on the chairman and board.

HOw will it break him? I am talking football obviously, and with relegation, and half the present crowd paying (not just not turning up), then the club will spend years in the wilderness. FFS if Bournemouth and Brentford can compete at the top end of the CHampionship, do you not think we have failed this season, and do you not think the chairman is a big part of that problem due to his hiring policies.

The only hope is for the first time in three close season, we have a manager in place. I believe they have to get it right, otherwise by Christmas the anger will turn from the team, onto the board, and Tony Bloom is the head of that, or do you think BLoom is perfect and can do no wrong. How much of this current mess would you put down to the chairman?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here