We might stay up on goal difference

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Crazy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could do with another point to mitigate against Millwall and Rotherham both finishing on 47.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Anyone that thinks we are going to be relegated needs to book an appointment with a shrink first thing on Monday. It's laughable to even consider it after Millwall drew today.

66/1 at Bet 365 if you really are that worried, fill your boots!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone that thinks we are going to be relegated needs to book an appointment with a shrink first thing on Monday. It's laughable to even consider it after Millwall drew today.

I don't think many people really believe that we will go down. It's just that mathematical safety with two games to go would have been nice.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I don't think many people really believe that we will go down. It's just that mathematical safety with two games to go would have been nice.

anyone know whats happening about the Rotherham points? are we getting them for the ineligible player or not.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

Wasnt it 100/1 before today? 10/1 next saturday?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wasnt it 100/1 before today? 10/1 next saturday?

trouble is Blackburn have nothing play for against Millwall on Tues, not going to be in play offs, their season is over. Hoping no fringe players are given a run out.

Luckily Derby have everything to play for against them on Saturday, and hoping by last weekend Wolves are still in with a shout of 6th, they are 3 behind Ipswich but with a much better goal diff, if Wolves match or better Ipswich result this saturday, they'll be in the mix for final day which should favour us if they need to beat Millwall for 6th.

It will so much easier of course if Blackburn just win, but this is Brighton and its never that easy is it. Millwall hit the woodwork today and will think themselves unlucky not to win, I think they can at Blackburn. If they do it really will be squeeky bum time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
anyone know whats happening about the Rotherham points? are we getting them for the ineligible player or not.

We won't get anything as we didn't get anything on the day. Rotherham should lose three points for winning, as precedents have shown.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

Betfair offering the same. I just popped a couple of quid on. Cheers for the heads up 👍

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Best odds have increased from 100/1 to 125/1 to get relegated so not sure why people are putting money on at 66/1

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
We won't get anything as we didn't get anything on the day. Rotherham should lose three points for winning, as precedents have shown.

Last season I think it was MK Dons who lost a game and were then given all 3 points and a 3-0 win after the opposition played and ineligible. I would like to think that if this is the precedent, which it should be. Mistake or not its still an advantage you should not have and It should be the same for all teams who do it. Forfeit the game and points standard at all levels of football. After all the guy played the full 90 minutes for Rotherham so he had to affect the final result as he shouldn't have been on the pitch. Its not like it was 1-0 and he came on for the last five minutes and made no impact.
I bet the league will worry if by some miracle Rotherham and Millwall win their last games as the Albion might then have a legal case if we were to go down. (I dont think we will by the way)
Also if you only get a fairly small fine for it whats to stop Teams getting fringe prem / good players for example to play in the last game if it looks like you are going down, pay the fine stay in the league has to be worth it, Cheating but no difference what Rotherham have done.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last season I think it was MK Dons who lost a game and were then given all 3 points and a 3-0 win after the opposition played and ineligible.

You're thinking of the Chesterfield game in the FA Cup.
The game was ordered to be replayed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here