Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't need a coaching badge to see......

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
.....that none of our current forwards are good enough to play up front by themselves. So why not play to strengths (the few we have) rather than stick with this dogma?

4-4-2 is the short term answer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.....that none of our current forwards are good enough to play up front by themselves. So why not play to strengths (the few we have) rather than stick with this dogma?

Dinosaur tactics

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Leicester had pace in abundance
Both teams had good strikers.
Our strikers are woefully shit, play all three up front it wouldn't make a difference.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

Thought you meant Paul Barber having coaching badges like he said on the Albion Roar but having looked then i can't find his qualifications anywhere, it seems more bullshit from Barber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem we cant have our defensive record and goals, at the same time, during the Falmer era.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I may have been imagining this, but it was almost as if we were playing 2 up front with COG and Kayal in the second half.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I'm not a coach either, but the big difference I noticed between, for example, Bournemouth the other night and us, is that when we have the ball, everyone is just standing around waiting for something to happen, no-one is making any runs into space or to pull defenders out of place. Contrast Bournemouth who were constantly on the move, always looking to make something happen. Whether that's a coaching thing or player skill thing, or a confidence thing, I don't know.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are so far off the pace. Tighten up, dont concede goals and go for two draws. Then sort it out over the summer. Simples

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
I'm not a coach either, but the big difference I noticed between, for example, Bournemouth the other night and us, is that when we have the ball, everyone is just standing around waiting for something to happen, no-one is making any runs into space or to pull defenders out of place. Contrast Bournemouth who were constantly on the move, always looking to make something happen. Whether that's a coaching thing or player skill thing, or a confidence thing, I don't know.

Also Bournemouth didn't go up field to the edge of our box stop, go across the pitch from side to side 5 times then go all the way back to the keeper for him to be put under pressure and have to lump it forward. Most teams break / counter attack and go straight for goal, only Brighton find this unsporting and have to wait until all the opposition players are behind the ball, only then can we attack the goal. At the moment we are so low on confidence that we go forward fanny around from side to side like passing a hot potato that no one knows what to do with as everyone is to frightened to shoot. If they did we might get a lucky deflection for once.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
When I played football (school and Sunday league many years ago) I was told to pass and move and to always think you will get the ball, so try and make space. All we seem to do at the mo is walk, walk, walk, pass, pass, and then pass to opposition.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Spot on tactics. Unfortunately we are unable to withstand such a barrage that Watford and Middlesbrough will throw at us, we survived Derby's bombardment the beginning of the second half but that was more luck than skill and the next two up are even better sides.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Because we still wont score enough to make up for the weaknesses the formation will cause elsewhere.

Our wide players and forwards are all league 1 (even lua lua, way to inconsistent at this level)

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014

So none of our forwards are good enough to play up front on their own (agreed), and yet having two of them up top is playing to our strengths?

Interesting.

I can see why you don't have a coaching badge too actually.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Many of the posts on this thread have been spot on, take last Friday's game, at one point I watched Albion defend a corner which we won the ball played it out to the wing and then with us in attack I watched 2 m/field players walk yes walk forward in support. It's this sort of thing which is really poor about this team, is it the coaching, the manager or the players not giving a f*** cause their just move on to the next club to give them a wedge. In any team sport the 1st rule is pass and move but that seems alien to most in this squad and it's been there all season so to me something is very wrong behind the scenes in the coaching and setup leading to the actual match days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
As I said yesterday we don't need to score goals, the players are bonused on how many times thy pass it sideways or backwards, the forwards are just as good at this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here