Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds hit by players' withdrawal

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Leeds United manager Neil Redfearn's plans for Saturday's Championship match at Charlton Athletic have been hit by the sudden withdrawal of six players.

Mirco Antenucci, Giuseppe Bellusci, Dario Del Fabro, Marco Silvestri, Souleymane Doukara and Edgar Cani all told Redfearn they were injured.

Five of the six were signed by banned club president Massimo Cellino.

According to Press Association Sport, Redfearn and United's physio were not aware of any injuries.

:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not funny in the slightest though, is it?

1. No club should be messed around in this way.

2. Leeds play Rotherham on the last day of the season in a game which could be highly significant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's going on there then? Obviously some agenda- anyone know what?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The very direct inference from reporters close to the club is that this is a players' protest. Surely the League have to formally investigate and to do so quickly?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
not a protest as such. orders from above, mostly money orientated (of course) italian contingent!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
not a protest as such. orders from above, mostly money orientated (of course) italian contingent!

Very good to hear from you again.....hope you and all your family are well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

But what is to gain from it? Cellino hoping you end the season poorly so he has 'reason' to sack NR?

I doubt the League can really do much

The League really needs to take a serious in-depth view of what is going on as this is bringing not just Leeds but football generally into disrepute. If they (Players & Owners) get away with such contempt for any sort of normal club/player management it will set a precedent for others to act similarly under other dictatorial owners who can pick & choose players and managers yet can completely undermine any sort of semblance of order by removing (assistant) mangers without explanation and having the ability to remove players from what is left of the management team making it nigh on impossible for the team to function normally. As has been said, if Leeds 'gift' Rotherham 3 points due to this situation resulting in us or someone else being relegated then tell me the League shouldn't get involved.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
But what is to gain from it? Cellino hoping you end the season poorly so he has 'reason' to sack NR?

The thing is wouldn't doing it so blatantly turn the fans against the owners even more? From what I gather, a lot of the Leeds fans want Refearn to stay on and use the youth talent that is coming through. There's not much love for Cellino.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
aye, we are well, cjd. few years older, but still the same!

cellino is a mad man, so i doubt there is much forethought into what he asks, demands or provides. some of those players are complete shitheads and never deserve to wear that shirt again. we are away living in asia now but i will fly back just to abuse hose spineless morons should redders hand ever be forced to play them again.

redders is the one i feel most sorry for. an honest, genuine man who i have much respect for.

bates got one thing right, certain section of leeds fans are morons. some might say you get the club you deserve, maybe that is true - so many want or need to believe the nonsense they are drip fed by our supposed saviours, too weak to defend against them or too ignorant to realise the truth. though i think now it is only the minority towing cellinos pathetic line. the truth will out.but it wont be in time for leeds.

cellino is a mad man on many levels. the football league wont do anything they are still mithering on because he came back. if they didnt want him to come back they should have made more permanent steps against him. i absolutely believe any other club they will have asked questions of before now.

a sad day for leeds, one of many. marching on together sounds increasingly hollow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here