Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Anderson.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Top top bowler. Many more to come as well. Beefy has to be a bit sick that his record has been broken but also proud of Anderson's achievement. Glad this has been raised on NSC as cricket needs to be kept in the forefront of peoples thinking because on a grass roots level it's beginning to die on its arse......

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Top top bowler. Many more to come as well. Beefy has to be a bit sick that his record has been broken but also proud of Anderson's achievement. Glad this has been raised on NSC as cricket needs to be kept in the forefront of peoples thinking because on a grass roots level it's beginning to die on its arse......

And it's being ruined at the highest level..

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Well done jimmy.

I think his wicket tally is better than bothams anyway because of the fact that 90% of test matches are now played on batsmen friendly wickets.Where as in bothams era there were a few bowler friendly wickets around.
What that does do though is make the runs that botham made more valuable.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well done jimmy.

I think his wicket tally is better than bothams anyway because of the fact that 90% of test matches are now played on batsmen friendly wickets.Where as in bothams era there were a few bowler friendly wickets around.
What that does do though is make the runs that botham made more valuable.

Not sure of the point that you are trying to make.
Botham played under the same conditions as Anderson..i.e covered wickets. Are you suggesting that there was more ' doctoring ' of wickets in Botham's era, than now?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here