• Start date

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Speed trapping anything that moves.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/police-speed-camera-locations-1-6695194

Why can't they nick the real dangerous drivers like mobile/text users that I see tens of each and every day?

Anybody know how many people have been nicked for using a mobile at the wheel in Sussex?

It is a pity that the Hampshire Constabulary couldn't of shown the same level of commitment at Fratton Park, when they were treating local businesses out of £££££££££'s.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Hampshire???

****ing shit hole if you please

didn't know tractors could go so fast :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Lots. Before I retired last year I processed several a day from courts all over the county.

Against how many speeding tickets of a few mph over the limit in a spot where accidents never happen on a 2 in 1 hill ??? Honestly please.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Against how many speeding tickets of a few mph over the limit in a spot where accidents never happen on a 2 in 1 hill ??? Honestly please.

Speeding tickets don't get issued until 10% over the speed limit so none of your criteria.

I would say about 2 to 1. Drink driving, speeding, no tax no MOT - quite often all of them at once.

D

Deleted member 2719

Speeding tickets don't get issued until 10% over the speed limit so none of your criteria.

I would say about 2 to 1. Drink driving, speeding, no tax no MOT - quite often all of them at once.

So 33mph in a 30, that's a few mph of the limit isn't it???
So are you suggesting they don't put mobile units a the bottom of a hill or after a long straight?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So 33mph in a 30, that's a few mph of the limit isn't it???
So are you suggesting they don't put mobile units a the bottom of a hill or after a long straight?

I've no idea where the police put mobile units. I know Bexhill Road in Woodingdean and the A259 by Chichester Drive are popular places for mobile units.
The cases I processed were all over 35 for a 30 mph, so even more generous.

The idea is that if you don't speed, you won't get caught.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's really difficult to catch a person using their phone. I'm sure the police would do so, if they had the opprtunity to do that.

Loads of drivers heading north along Dyke Road are more engrossed In their phones than anything else. You might not be at risk of killing someone, but you do **** up people wishing to join the queue.

Ps just don't speed.

D

Deleted member 2719

The idea is that if you don't speed, you won't get caught.

You could say that but if the police really wanted to cut road deaths (which I think most human beings would like to) they should be hammering reckless driving like cutting from fast lane on three lane m27 to exit in over 100metres or so, very common and very dangerous, also putting mobile speed cameras where deaths have occurred. To put them where mice haven't even been squashed is just financial and not for safety and makes the police look like bellends IMO.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Speed trapping anything that moves.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/police-speed-camera-locations-1-6695194

Why can't they nick the real dangerous drivers like mobile/text users that I see tens of each and every day?

Anybody know how many people have been nicked for using a mobile at the wheel in Sussex?
Figures released yesterday or Thursday said that people nicked for using a mobile were down compared to the previous 12 months and it was by a significant amount. I think that's more of a reflection on police not bothering as much, rather than drivers finally getting the message because I see more people texting than ever before. Women seem to be the worst offenders from my observations. Much maligned White Van Man may make calls whilst driving but I never see them texting from the third lane of the M25 unlike the many 30 something women that I see doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here