Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Blackpool fan here your help is needed

West_Stand_Ultra

Jan 29, 2015
Hello Albion hope you are all OK ,but we at Blackpool have had another fan sued for £20,000 plus his costs by The Oystons ,now if you could donate any amount that would be much appreciated.
The fan concerned is a 67 year old lifelong Blackpool fan and a pensioner ,now I know you lot have helped us out before and that was great ,so take a minute and give anything you can .
Regards WSU
This is the link to donate http://www.gofundme.com/s5bbb8r

The story
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-fan-20000-oystons-threaten-court-online-post

All the best for next season ,dont know when we will meet again

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hi there

We have a thread running and some Brighton fans have gladly donated. All the best with your battle. Keep the faith.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thanks ,yes just seen it
All the best chaps
Has this bloke taken some legal advice? I don't know what he wrote, but I can't believe any judge would award £20K for a bit of a rant on Facebook, especially against a pensioner.

He should use the money raised to get a good lawyer. This is a classic case of bullying by people who can afford expensive lawyers, in the knowledge that they can't afford to fight it.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'd have gladly donated until I realised that I would be actually giving money directly to the odious son of the convicted rapist Owen Oyston.

Now that's a moral dilemma... :(

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Has this bloke taken some legal advice? I don't know what he wrote, but I can't believe any judge would award £20K for a bit of a rant on Facebook, especially against a pensioner.

He should use the money raised to get a good lawyer. This is a classic case of bullying by people who can afford expensive lawyers, in the knowledge that they can't afford to fight it.

It was an out of court settlement , so i would imagine he would have had advice to settle from a lawyer already ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd have gladly donated until I realised that I would be actually giving money directly to the odious son of the convicted rapist Owen Oyston.

Now that's a moral dilemma... :(
I'm having the same dilemma. I'd much rather be paying for the man's lawyer to fight such a ridiculous claim.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would be happy to contribute to legal costs but not to pay for an out of court settlement.

Sorry, but what was he thinking?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This Oyston character is really starting to make my piss boil now.
I will do what I can.
Have the FA or whoever not learnt any lessons from us and others.
Frightening stuff coming out of Bloomfield Road and Blackpool are such a big name.
Crap pitch though.

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Chopper crap pitch because the Tosser refuses to invest any money. His son who runs the hotel (went in there as manager with no apparent hotel experience, and I presume is on decent salary) had his dog Sat in the ticket office (behind the counter) the other day. Also apparently someone tweeted this week that he was walking his dog on the pitch! How true who knows bit his mates and him have posted various pics sunbathing on the pitch at various times . Check Sam oyston out on Twitter.

Sums up the whole situation.

As for legal advice, u run the risk of massive bills and losing everything as its fighting against someone with 100m

But cheers chaps for all ure support.... I really think this will be there downfall

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Good luck with the campaign. The Oyston family are an obnoxious bunch who have no right to be anywhere near the running of a football club. The are on a par with Archer and Bellotti. They have been around Blackpool FC far too long. I've made a small donation to help this man. No fan should have to go through that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here