Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasps!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bit early in the year for the little sods isn't it? Just had a MASSIVE one fly into the kitchen. Ah well, another few months of running screaming like a girl from the kitchen.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Massive one will probably be a queen, so kill the bitch. I have about 4 or 5 every year in the house and the years I have let them go I have had loft bike issues (Wasp not Doug) in August.

TNBA

TTF

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Bit early in the year for the little sods isn't it? Just had a MASSIVE one fly into the kitchen. Ah well, another few months of running screaming like a girl from the kitchen.

Hate the little fu****s, I go ape when they come near me, a situation when I was a kid.
I do a great impression of someone trying to fly with me arms doing what they want :clap:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
yeah hate the bu33ers. Have memories of one flying up my trouser leg at school and nestling behind my knee and starting to unload its stingers. Gave myself about 10 dead legs before it died and dropped out. Friends thought i'd lost it!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yes it's a Queen so terminate with extreme prejudice ASAP if you can.

My worst experience was a wasp flying inside my crash helmet just after I had flipped my visor up while riding my motorcycle.

Immediate Crash Stop ensued followed by gloves thrown off and helmet strap released.

Just as I was lifting the helmet off the ******* stung me several times. :rant:

Was so pissed off I grabbed the f*cker and crushed it between my fingers. A very painful ride home.....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Massive one will probably be a queen, so kill the bitch.

SmithsQueenIsDead600Gb011111.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there seems to be a lot of Mason bees around too
and plenty of bumblers too

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Seen a few massive wasps already this year, who's feeding the little *******s?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mason bee.jpg

this is a mason bee
are you sure this is NOT what you are seeing
they are larger than a wasp ........just

Dean Deyn

Nov 25, 2008
.......or it could be a Beewolf, a large type of wasp which I see sometimes in my Brighton garden. They look a bit like the photo of the hornet, but with a black head. Not nice - they feed on bees.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

My worst experience was a wasp flying inside my crash helmet just after I had flipped my visor up while riding my motorcycle.

Immediate Crash Stop ensued followed by gloves thrown off and helmet strap released.

Just as I was lifting the helmet off the ******* stung me several times. :rant:

Was so pissed off I grabbed the f*cker and crushed it between my fingers. A very painful ride home.....

Similar here. A stone chip hit me in the neck on the bypass at about 90 mph some years ago and stung like buggery. When I got to my destination I went to the loo, washed my hands, looked in the mirror to see a wasp embedded in my neck still moving and pumping venom into me.

No mercy from me with the buggers!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here