Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading PR machine working well!!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Having lived and worked in Reading for a number of years, when I saw someone say that the mascot should be a "Life long" Reading fan. My first thought was good luck finding one. There are three people from my office going to Wembley in the Reading section, none of them support Reading anymore then this young man.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Never mind being a mascot at Wembley. Kid needs to run about his local park a bit with his mates and lose some weight.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Walking towards their stadium last month there was this Reading supporting lady loudly talking saying how wonderful it was a little club like Reading would be playing at Wembley.

This was before they played their replay.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Nice recovery by the FA though - England mascot or Reading Mascot? Difficult one.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think the Reading fans have every right to complain about it to be fair! He's openly said on camera that he hopes Arsenal win and joked about revealing his Huddersfield shirt worn underneath at the match.... Not the sort of kid I would want as the mascot for our semi final! The Mirrors patronising tone of the story 'let's all feel sorry for the hard done by fat kid' is nauseating...

I can't see many Albion fans being too pleased if thats us during our semi final at Wembley (then again.. these days...) :rolleyes:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading get one of their actual fans as a mascot and the kid gets a much better gig, everyone's a winner.

On another note, **** the 'romance of the cup', I hope they take a slaughtering tomorrow.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Have I missed something. Why did Reading have a halftime draw in the 3rd round with a prize of being a semi final mascot?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting Reading couldn't sell out their 32k and had to give 1k back, not enough fans with purchase history / points.

As for this Reading isn't a great town, their fans reaction doesn't surprise me

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Some people really do take football that little bit too seriously dont they? Nice move by the FA to offer him the England game instead, turned out fairly well in the end...hopefully not for Reading though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what a daft raffle to have in the first place. and why would a Huddlesfield fan want to be the mascot for another team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here