ch-170415-l229-2407156_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:05 17th April 2015
by James Hilsum
We need to make sure that we go to Wigan with every chance of getting a win."
Chris Hughton

At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton spoke about Joao Teixeira’s injury, his side’s overall luck with injuries, Wigan under new manager Gary Caldwell, and the need for Albion to mathematically secure their Championship status as soon as possible.
teixeira-150415-l229-2402656.jpg

The loss of Joao Teixeira:* “It’s more of a blow for Joao because he’s been very good for us this season. I’ve only been here since January, but he’s a player that was involved a lot in the first half of the season. You don’t want to see any players get any injuries – particularly a fracture.
“At this time, he’s still being assessed. We have a very good relationship with Liverpool, which is particularly important when liaising with their medical staff. He’s going to be out for a while.”
baldock-050315-l229-2317072.jpg

Albion’s luck with injuries: “It’s part and parcel of the game. You will always have injuries throughout the season, so it is important that you have a medical department that is working efficiently.
“We definitely have that here and I’ve also been very impressed with the sports science set-up at the club.
"All of those things are set in place. If you look at the individual injuries, Joao (Teixeira) was done in a game, Solly (March) was during a game and Sam Baldock was also in a game.
“It has also been a blow to lose a players like Andrew Crofts while Sam, in the period of time since I’ve been at the club, has done a great job for us out wide and he’s someone you felt could get us a goal.
“I knew of Solly March before I came and in the short period of time that I had him, I really enjoyed working with him and he has a lot more to give at this football club. We have lacked and missed his creativity in those forward areas.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Wigan under Gary Caldwell: “Their style of play has changed since Gary has taken charge. He is somebody that has played under Roberto Martinez, when Wigan played quite an expansive game.
“They are also a team that has the very difficult task of trying to win the right number of games to stay in this division.
“While they still have a chance to survive they’ll give everything they can to do that. The pressure isn’t off of them and at this stage in the season, the pressure is on us too to get the right result."Securing safety from relegation: “We have just got to focus on our own results. If we had got a win in midweek, then it would have put us in a more comfortable position. That wasn’t the case, so we need to make sure that we go to Wigan with every chance of getting a win."

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD***
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here