Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we save ourselves with the win over Derby?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
As this season limps to a close, we're not safe yet. However it looks likely that we will limp over the line. After a really bad season, the top result looks to be the unlikely 2-0 win over Derby. They had been our bogey team for the past year and thrashed us in last seasons playoffs. Perhaps we should count ourselves very fortunate that Darren Bent was injured.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Equally we have put ourselves in the mire with just 3 points from 6 games vs Rotherham, Millwall and Blackpool.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The win at Blackburn was the key result.

You could say the same about Ipswich, Leeds and Derby. each result as big as the next.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we lose to Wigan on Saturday, and Millwall manage to snatch a win at Cardiff, then we are very much back in the shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would say the Fulham and Charlton aways were integral during an otherwise indifferent period.

Pulling back a 2-0 deficit against Reading to get a draw and winning away at Fulham, got us out of the bottom three. I would say those two games were the most pivotal.
Thank you Jonah.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not losing away at Millwall and the win against Blackburn made us more or less safe. The subsequent performances, selection and results seem to indicate that CH and the team feel the same way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I still can't understand the view that we're safe. We're not. This is the championship. ANYTHING can happen.

Me neither. :shrug:

By Saturday tea time we might well be 20th, 2 pts ahead of R'Ham who will have a game in hand, 4 pts ahead of M'Wall who will have a game in hand.

Massive game Saturday.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I still can't understand the view that we're safe. We're not. This is the championship. ANYTHING can happen.

Too true. Even if we win tomorrow and Millwall lose, we're still not mathematically safe. Personally though, as long as we at least match Millwalls result tomorrow, I think safety will be achieved on Tuesday when Millwall lose at Blackburn.

Also just noticed, if Wigan don't beat us, they are down.

Last edited:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Too true. Even if we win tomorrow and Millwall lose, we're still not mathematically safe. Personally though, as long as we at least match Millwalls result tomorrow, I think safety will be achieved on Tuesday when Millwall lose at Blackburn.

Also just noticed, if Wigan don't beat us, they are down.

If we win tomorrow we are on 49 points. If Millwall lose tomorrow and win there last 3 games then they are on 48 points. No? Am I being a total div?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Millwall have Cardiff A, Blackburn A, Derby H and Wolves A.

I just don't see them winning 3 of those games.

You'd think Derby and, most likely, Wolves will still be in contention for the play-offs and will be too much for Millwall.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We need to sort our keeper out! He should never EVER let a goal in. It puts too much pressure on the forwards etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here