Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pie n Mash

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Help required.

Anyone know of decent Pie and Mash shop in or around Brighton.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Was awful that place. Always ran out if gravy. Clueless staff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Plenty pubs in Brighton will sell you bangers and mash for the best part of a tenner :eek:

Wetherspoons or Harvester, sausage and mash for a fiver. no doubt in cafes too. i'll never understand why people pay premium prices for a quintessentially value-for-money, cheap product.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wetherspoons or Harvester, sausage and mash for a fiver. no doubt in cafes too. i'll never understand why people pay premium prices for a quintessentially value-for-money, cheap product.

Cheap sausages are horrible though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cheap sausages are horrible though.

true, *all* sausages are cheap, thats the point of them. we arent talking walls or richmond bangers, they serve up somthing that looks like actual minced meat.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Can you eat in or is it just takeaway?
Just round the corner from me, you can take away.
Pie mash and liquor for about a fiver, the liquor was a parsley tasting sauce and a seasoned beef mince pie.
It was fine for a fiver.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
true, *all* sausages are cheap, thats the point of them. we arent talking walls or richmond bangers, they serve up somthing that looks like actual minced meat.

You get what you pay for.
The cheap ' catering 4's and 8's you find in a lot of takeaways cost the proprietor about 15p -20p each and they sell them for approx £1.50. They contain about 30% meat. Usually split between pork and chicken, with maybe a bit of turkey in there as well. Throw in quite a lot of rusk, some recovered meat, connective tissue, fat, skin, wheatflour, soya and preservatives and you have something resembling a sausage. This is also the spec for cheaper supermarket varieties.
This is at the bottom end of the sausage market and sadly, its big business.
There is a hell of a lot around better than this stuff at the economy end and I think a lot of punters have upgraded in recent years. Supermarket shelves are full of local/regional brands. The local butcher has made his own for years and generally, these are very good, with plenty of choice.
Long live the good sausage!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here