Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
msrrs-l229-2406497_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 17th April 2015
by Sam Garrett
There will be no excuses for not playing free-flowing or passing football and we always try to play that way."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs is expecting a tight match against an in-form Tottenham Hotspur side on Sunday and hopes that his team can utilise the advantage of playing on a 4G surface.
The game will be played at the American Express Elite Performance Centre for the second consecutive week, kick-off 2pm, and the Seagulls go into the clash off the back of a 4-1 victory against Plymouth Argyle last Sunday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We have to be more wary of them [Tottenham] because they’ve been on a very good run recenty and we are expecting a really difficult game on Sunday. We roughly know how they will set up and combatting their attacking threat will be our first priority.
“I’m not expecting it to be any tougher than any of the games over the past four weeks. We know they’ve got pace, are quite direct and they will probably press us quite high up the pitch and not give us any time to play."They will come out and have a real go at us. I can’t see them sitting behind the ball, as they have nothing to lose.
“To play the game on a 4G pitch is great because it’s a flat surface with no bobbles. There will be no excuses for not playing free-flowing or passing football and we always try to play that way.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion boast a solid defensive record after conceding just one goal in their last four games, but the Albion manager insists that there is still room for improvement.
“If you don’t aim for the top, then what are you aiming for really? I don’t want to concede a goal in any game. We’re defensively good enough not to concede so when we do, it is disappointing.
“If it’s a well-worked goal or they’ve hit it from 30 yards out then I’d still be asking questions of my goalkeeper, but if it’s gone in the top corner,then sometimes there are goals you can’t stop."There are a limited number of free tickets available for the game and any supporters that wish to attend will need to email Tracy.Doe@bhafc.co.uk to gain entry on the day.
[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD**
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here