Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why should parties

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You would ban anyone who thinks that the constitution is not right from participating in government?

Scotland stayed within the UK. The SNP represents the views of many Scottish people. We are a democracy. Of course they should be allowed to take part.

Especially if it helps to get the Tories out.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You would ban anyone who thinks that the constitution is not right from participating in government?

Scotland stayed within the UK. The SNP represents the views of many Scottish people. We are a democracy. Of course they should be allowed to take part.

But they are not creating policies for Britain just for Scotland - they will have a say on how the whole country runs and I suspect there will be a huge bias towards those north of the border - as a voter I cannot stop this from happening as I cannot vote against SNP as they are not on my ballot paper

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It's democracy ,why SNP MP's don't join Labour i'll never know.Under the last Labour government The Scots seemed to get all the top jobs going.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So they have their own government and then allowed to have, what will the swinging vote, on English matters. Yes of course that's right so long as red , look at camera, ed is pm.

God help us

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
They will not have enough MPs on their own to form a government so will not be the policy makers they may have a deciding vote against the incumbent government policies and be able to block any that have a detrimental affect on them North of the border. So in reality nothing will change.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The SNP could, if they thought it worthwhile, field a candidate in every constituency but of course they would be extremely unlikely to pick up any wins south of the border. Equally, any party could decide not to field any candidates in a certain area.

Our constitution allows for minor parties to hold sway, just as the libdems did in 2010.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I think the last sentence shows the degree of principle here. If it were a right-wing party, I very much suspect that your argument would be one of indignation. Would that be a correct assumption?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They will not have enough MPs on their own to form a government so will not be the policy makers they may have a deciding vote against the incumbent government policies and be able to block any that have a detrimental affect on them North of the border. So in reality nothing will change.

They would of course be a minority partner under EB, but would want some sort of concessions, so I am not sure that nothing would change. Afterall the Lib Dems have often maintained that they have "curbed" some Tory policies, so it is quite likely that we will see some legislation reflecting more left-wing thinking than even EM would consider.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
But they are not creating policies for Britain just for Scotland - they will have a say on how the whole country runs and I suspect there will be a huge bias towards those north of the border - as a voter I cannot stop this from happening as I cannot vote against SNP as they are not on my ballot paper

Then why would it not be ok for any coalition government involving the SNP to appoint an SNP MP as Minister for Scotland and let him/her act for Scotland's interests (as he/she sees them) within the framework of the UK government?

To be honest, I don't see this as a big deal. This would be the obvious result of any horse-trading done to form a coalition.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Such as the SNP be allowed to form part of government when they are specific for one country which voted no?

So you'd ban Indepedents as well then I assume ? As they usually only represent the views of a particular area and often subject matter.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt they say that if they were part of a coalition that they WOULDNT vote on matters regarding England and only if it was UK as a whole or Scotland. Seems fair enough to me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I look forward to after the Election, and the bonfire of principles which will ensue, with Labour and the Nats cosinng up, and Cameron courting th party he called bigoted, ,crackpot, swivel eyed loonies

I personally do not wish to be part of a country that has a coalition in which one party was actively trying to break up the country they now wish to co-govern.

But, as we live in a democracy, I'll just have to lump it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here