Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Roar - 18/04/15 with guest Paul Barber

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Hi all

We are delighted to welcome REMF team manager Paul Barber to the show this week

Obviously we will be talking to him about that....and his other job as well.

If anyone has any (sensible) questions please let us know either here or on our Twitter [MENTION=21711]Albionroar[/MENTION])

We are recording tomorrow night

Also a heads up for next weeks show where we welcome my Albion hero Steve Penney.

Please note that due to sky deciding to make our game next week a 1215 KO we will be making this show available on Thursday night after we have recorded it

Ta muchly

Ady

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At Chris Hughton's introduction Mr Barber mentioned he was looking forward to working with him. Which areas, aside from raising revenues towards the player budget, does Mr Barber's roll interact with the manager's. And does Chris report directly to him?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any chance you could have [MENTION=743]Henfield One[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] on at the same time?

It would be VERY interesting to hear a debate between Barber and one of those who are able to eloquently present their concerns about the direction of the club.

Feb 14, 2010
Please name another club who would get 29000 for Fulham at home when losing week after week in the Championship. Then ask where that club are playing their football and ask why he thinks we are such an unsuccessful club. As an aside, thank him for trying to bring some professionalism to the Albion as from the outside, this seems to be the best the club has been run, but then, that doesn't say much.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooooooooooooo

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would it happen in Germany?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Could he change his Outlook automatic reply from, "Thanks for your email. I am currently travelling on business with limited access to email, but will reply upon my return" to "Barber OUT."

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If he could change one thing about the Albion, what would it be?

And don't accept any old flannel about "Well I wouldn't change the fans - they're amazing; and I wouldn't change the location - the city is great; but I might change our luck this year...". Drill down into the one thing that's wrong with the club that he'd like to change.

Maybe I should change the question... "Of all the things that are wrong with the club, which one would he change?".

That's better.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1) what has happened to the Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Barnes money?
2) are we seriously paying a higher wage bill for this seasons shower?
3) rather than talking about ambition are we actually going to show some this summer?
4) could he do a job as a striker?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Would he have booed Leon Best off the field if he (Barber) had been a paying customer (i.e. some 'shouty man' scrote in the North Stand who's spent too much money this season, home and away)?

Edit - will he spend a game in the North Stand?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hi all

We are delighted to welcome REMF team manager Paul Barber to the show this week

Obviously we will be talking to him about that....and his other job as well.

If anyone has any (sensible) questions please let us know either here or on our Twitter [MENTION=21711]Albionroar[/MENTION])

We are recording tomorrow night

Also a heads up for next weeks show where we welcome my Albion hero Steve Penney.

Please note that due to sky deciding to make our game next week a 1215 KO we will be making this show available on Thursday night after we have recorded it

Ta muchly

Ady
:lolol:

Good luck.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Please please please ask;

"Have the club signed any players on loan agreements, which include clauses dictating that the player HAS to be afforded a set amount of playing time"?

Please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here