Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's Praise The Defence

el punal

With three games to go and still an outside chance of being dumped into the bottom three, a word of praise for our defenders. Following Tuesday's pitiful performance in front of goal at least we're resolute at the back. I refer to the one thing that might save our bacon should all go to ratsh*t - goal difference. With a -7 deficit, compared to much larger figures for clubs around us, that might just save us.

When you think back to the criticism of the team for those mind numbing bore draws at Cardiff, Sheffield Wed. and on Tuesday night, at least we didn't concede which means another three points in the bag rather than none. That, in the grand scheme of things, could be our life saver. I cannot, for the life of me, see us scoring again this season. So it will be up to our defence, again, to ensure we grind out another draw in each of the remaining fixtures.

What a sorry state to end the season but at least it means survival. :down:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Too be fair most of the criticism of the defence has been exaggerated due to the lack of goals at the other end. All keepers and defenders make errors but due to our piss poor, shot shy strikers most of our mistakes have led to dropped points. In the main we have been fairly solid at the back since CH took over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here