Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macca

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Come on Macca, we all want you to do well and just like at Forest at the end of last season be the
player on Saturday who provides the killer cross or even scores to get out of this bl***dy season
and the doldrums.

:falmer:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I'd go along with that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We're in deeper shit than I thought if we're relying on CMS to break us out of our goal slump.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Come on Macca, we all want you to do well and just like at Forest at the end of last season be the
player on Saturday who provides the killer cross or even scores to get out of this bl***dy season
and the doldrums.

I won't be the "killer cross" as there will be no one in the box on the other end of it......... Remember those days?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
and the doldrums.

1) Hardest working player in the squad.
2) Provides only moments of genuine class amongst rest of dross. ( e.g volley v Huddersfld )
3) Underused and wrongly used in his time with us.
4) Confidence player and suffered under Poyet, due to managers' inability to support him. Has struggled since then due to injuries and further lapses in confidence.
5) Best crosser of ball in club.
6) Used properly, would score 15-20 goals every season for us.
7) One of only 7 players I rate and would keep but fear he will depart.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
and the doldrums.

I don't respect 'Macca's killer cross. In fact I despise him for it. OK, worked in our favour that one crucial time, despite us being as unworthy of the play-offs as any team ever was,, but over the course of the season WTF was he even DOING out on the wing? Especially in the last minute of the last crucial game of the season. Wanted him to be in a natural predator position on the edge of the box, waiting to snap up any half-chance, like Ashley Barnes would have done. Anyone who ever booed Barnes is a Grade-A :tosser: BTW.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
2) Provides only moments of genuine class amongst rest of dross. ( e.g volley v Huddersfld )
4) Confidence player and suffered under Poyet, due to managers' inability to support him. Has struggled since then due to injuries and further lapses in confidence.

Well said. I agree and hope he stays.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

1. Yes, he does run around a lot
2. Hardly, he struggles to control the ball let alone strike it cleanly
3. He's hardly underused in his time here, had more than enough chances . Wrongly used ... Yes he hasn't ever played off a no. 9 but compared to Barnes and Baldock who were both shoved out on the wing he's done alright.
4. Yes he's a confidence player but to blame Poyet for all of cms's miss hits, fluffs and general tripping up over himself is generous.
5. Really?? Why isn't he on corners when he plays?? One cross does not make him a top crosser, barely gets any crosses above waist height!
6. Are we counting training ground goals? He would struggle to get 20 championship goals in the rest of his career.
7. That's not saying a lot though is it. Also, bare in mind that he's probably our highest paid player it's time to free up the wages for a striker that can score.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
3. He's hardly underused in his time here, had more than enough chances . Wrongly used ... Yes he hasn't ever played off a no. 9 but compared to Barnes and Baldock who were both shoved out on the wing he's done alright.
4. Yes he's a confidence player but to blame Poyet for all of cms's miss hits, fluffs and general tripping up over himself is generous.
5. Really?? Why isn't he on corners when he plays?? One cross does not make him a top crosser, barely gets any crosses above waist height!
6. Are we counting training ground goals? He would struggle to get 20 championship goals in the rest of his career.
7. That's not saying a lot though is it. Also, bare in mind that he's probably our highest paid player it's time to free up the wages for a striker that can score.

Yep, pretty much this

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As much as I wanted him to do well I think the time has come to part ways. Nobody can deny his work rate but he's paid a lot of money to score goals and for whatever reasons (not always his fault) he hasn't done that often enough. Time we move on and put his wages towards another Ulloa.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. Wish him no ill at all but hope he enjoys his last (part of a) game at the Amex next week.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree that it is now the time for us to depart... A new challenge, a new club where he will be used to his strengths & they might see a different Macca.

But on Saturday he will play for the Albion...All the time he is with us I second the O/P and wish him only the best .. C'mon Macca , you can do this! :albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Following TB interview a couple of weeks ago about how both CMS and TB had been let down by Gus promises plus the fact CH tried to buy him for Norwich, so obviously rates him, I expect him to get offered a new contract. I hope he does and goes on to show what he can do.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Following TB interview a couple of weeks ago about how both CMS and TB had been let down by Gus promises plus the fact CH tried to buy him for Norwich, so obviously rates him, I expect him to get offered a new contract. I hope he does and goes on to show what he can do.

Not sure he`s up to it......Effort yes...commitment yes....Results more important though,,

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
This Saturday - Macca to score (if he gets on that is). Something tells me it
has to happen.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I would love to see what happens when and if he and Baldock play together up front and KLL on the wing with one other on the other wing...... is that how Peterborough used to play? and Drizzle come to that

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We had 'THE' Macca performance v Leeds.

That game was full of 'what might have beens'.

A la everybody else, he's just winding down to the end of the season, before rocking up some place else next season.

If only NSC would then let it go, but as 'we' can only focus on previous players/managers (yes I do know I mentioned Oscar yesterday), I doubt that will be the last we hear of him.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
His career was decimated by one mentally arthritic manager. Check out his goal at Burnley on you tube to see what e is capable of.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We had 'THE' Macca performance v Leeds.

That game was full of 'what might have beens'.

A la everybody else, he's just winding down to the end of the season, before rocking up some place else next season.

If only NSC would then let it go, but as 'we' can only focus on previous players/managers (yes I do know I mentioned Oscar yesterday), I doubt that will be the last we hear of him.

blimey at least he is still here
how many does NSC mention FFS and how long has he been gone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here