Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's most of our ex players now?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
That's right. The Premier League. That's where. Oh the irony. :rolleyes: Slow claps the board. :rolleyes:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gary Hart is Premier League?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That's right. The Premier League. That's where. Oh the irony. :rolleyes: Slow claps the board. :rolleyes:
We've also got a fair few kicking around the lower divisions. Well done the board.

I get the point you were trying to make but that's football, there isn't a club on the planet that hasn't let a player or two go only to watch them become something special.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
We've also got a fair few kicking around the lower divisions. Well done the board.

I get the point you were trying to make but that's football, there isn't a club on the planet that hasn't let a player or two go only to watch them become something special.

But with us It's not just one or two players though. The whole team has been decimated.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
But with us It's just one or two players though. The whole team has been decimated.
We've certainly lost a lot of the better players of the last few seasons but sadly, money talks.

I don't personally see anything to blame the board for in accepting the offers that we did, for the most part it was for a good price and, ultimately, players that want to move now have far more sway than they once would've.

If you want to say instead that we've not replaced them very well, I don't think many would disagree.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Ward > Bennett
Upson > Hughes
Hammond > Stephens
Buckley > March (injured)
Barnes > Baldock (injured)
Ulloa > O'Grady.

Not to mention

Kuszczak > Stockdale
Bridcutt > Toko
Orlandi > McCourt

No upgrades there whatsoever. All facts, grim reading.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I'm sorry. I'm annoys me too :/
People like you are what annoy me. Smug and self-congratulatory, you are delighted when you can feel superior. Never happier than when you're moaning because you think it makes you more knowledgeable. If we start winning, your sort soon crawl back under your rock.

So you want to play that game? Let's play. Who's in the Premier League?
Ulloa, Barnes, Murray, Bridcutt, Buckley.

Who's not?
Brezovan, Painter, Dicker, Harley, Noone, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Lopez, El-Abd, Vincelot, Agdestein, McNulty, Navarro, Sparrow, Hoskins, Sandaza.

That's just permanent players, off the top of my head.

Like I said, shut up. You have no point to make. You're boring.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Given our inability to score, I am at a loss to understand why my campaign to bring back Gary Nelson has met with a wall of silence. If we don't act soon he'll be knocking them in for the likes of Charlton, Brentford or even Bournemouth in the Prem next season. You mark my words!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nobody ever mentions

Craig Davies:lolol:

yes we might laugh but he is scoring goals

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has anyone any idea why we didn't recall colunga?

We are struggling to score and at least he knew where the goal was!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But with us It's not just one or two players though. The whole team has been decimated.

your right. its 5. of which 3 are more than likely back in the championship this August.

it would be much better if we started with poor players who dont get attention of the higher league, wouldnt it?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Most? Er no.

Also, where's the irony?

People like you are what annoy me. Smug and self-congratulatory, you are delighted when you can feel superior. Never happier than when you're moaning because you think it makes you more knowledgeable. If we start winning, your sort soon crawl back under your rock.

Who's not?
Brezovan, Painter, Dicker, Harley, Noone, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Lopez, El-Abd, Vincelot, Agdestein, McNulty, Navarro, Sparrow, Hoskins, Sandaza.

Four of these could be back in the Championship next season, too. Well done board for getting a decent price (maybe not so much Barnes) for them?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Who's not?

.........and of those, only really Murray and Barnes have been anything like a success this season. Ulloa is struggling to get a game let alone a goal now and Bridcutt is basically a laughing stock/hate figure. I also prefer Stockdale in goal to TK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here