Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez & David Luiz

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would LOVE Suarez if he wasn't such a goofy cheating cock. But his football is just phenomenal really isn't it? Two nutmegs, two goals last night, the first utterly sublime:

[yt]cp9yvMvi0a8[/yt]

What can you say about Luiz? €50m? You are having a LAUGH. England have better centre-backs than Brazil if he's still getting games for them. Caught criminally flat footed for that second goal, IMO. I reckon there are non league players who'd have been embarrassed by that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll bite..

I love watching Suarez even his cannibal moments.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Said it before on here, Luis Suarez is the kind of footballer who makes me love the game of football.

His playing part of his game obviously. He obviously has a bit of a screw loose when he's on the pitch. That said, always found the 'cheat' aspect overblown.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He's an incredibly gifted player, easily one of best on the planet.

I just wish I could find a way to like him as well as his talent, find it very hard to get on board with the bitey tendencies.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The thing is even Suarez isn't good enough to look the boots of Lionel Messi who is just on another planet to any other current footballer.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The thing is even Suarez isn't good enough to look the boots of Lionel Messi who is just on another planet to any other current footballer.

I disagree. Not a a lot between those two and Ronaldo. The 3 best footballers on the planet right now.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Another thing I love about Suarez is he properlay celebrates every goals as if it's his first. No pouting, posturing, chest beating or arrogant "look at me". He just springs off, does his little celebration kisses and looked generally delighted.

He may cheat but it's nice to watch a footballer get some joy out of scoring a goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would LOVE Suarez if he wasn't such a goofy cheating cock. But his football is just phenomenal really isn't it? Two nutmegs, two goals last night, the first utterly sublime:

[yt]cp9yvMvi0a8[/yt]

What can you say about Luiz? €50m? You are having a LAUGH. England have better centre-backs than Brazil if he's still getting games for them. Caught criminally flat footed for that second goal, IMO. I reckon there are non league players who'd have been embarrassed by that.

David Luiz is very talented. He's just NOT a centre back. Not even vaguely similar to a centre back. He'd be best as an attacking midfielder.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
David Luiz is very talented. He's just NOT a centre back. Not even vaguely similar to a centre back.

this in spades. he's too cavalier and frankly too good a footballer to be a CB. so he ends up hopelessly out of position. i've never understood his insistence of playing there, other than the theory that it virtually guarantees him a berth in the Brazil side.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Might Tony be looking at signing Suarez...Barca may be interested if we offered them two for one... Best and CMS...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Might Tony be looking at signing Suarez...Barca may be interested if we offered them two for one... Best and CMS...

I wondered if we might get him on loan. Some lower league experience might make him the complete footballer

Dec 29, 2011
Never seen PSG play but apparently Luiz has been one of their best players this season and is usually solid. Can't really judge a player on one game vs. Barcelona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here