Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of season pitch invasion!

Does anyone miss these,recall after the Rochdale game the promotion celebration seemed one of the highlights of the night! With the new stadiums and stewarding they have become a thing of the past is this for the better? Did they help the fans to have a connection/ownership with the club or spoil it for other fans.

Chesterfield away was another one that stands out

How many times have you gone over the top?:moo:

Attachments

• scan0021.jpg
    scan0021.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 720001.jpg
    720001.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 1,257
  • SHEFF UTD0001.jpg
    SHEFF UTD0001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,176
Last edited:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Happy days. Always like to see pics from the Sheffield Utd game, especially this one as I'm in it.

Anyone got any from the last game of the season when Stoke came down having been relegated? They all went on the pitch at the end then started heading for the North Stand in a rather intimidating manner. Too many of them for us, so we just started clapping them which did the trick.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Does anyone miss these,recall after the Rochdale game the promotion celebration seemed one of the highlights of the night! With the new stadiums and stewarding they have become a thing of the past is this for the better? Did they help the fans to have a connection/ownership with the club or spoil it for other fans.

Was the bottom one Sheffield Utd at the Goldstone?? Was that the one where some guy in a suit jacket picked up the corner flag, taking wild swings at people? Only game I went on the pitch afterwards was the 2-0 home win vs Liverpool in the Cup - quick sprint from West side to the East side where the cameras were!

Last edited:

was the bottom one sheffield utd at the goldstone?? Was that the one where some guy in a suit jacket picked up the corner flag, taking wild swings at people? Only game i went on the pitch afterwards was the 2-0 home win vs liverpool in the cup - quick sprint from west side to the east side where the cameras were!

that's the game!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

that's the game!

Apart from that, my only other real memory was that there were no police at all in the ground for what seemed an age, and watched from the North Stand as some kid/teenager ran on from the west side as it looked like the Sheff Utd fans were finally going to be "run" back into the away pen, threw something into the crowd just at the moment the rozzers turned up and was the 1st, and only person arrested...

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How about our players invade the opposition’s penalty-area once in a while?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bristol rovers was good too

remember some bloke in a wheelchair make it to the centre circle first,but the final whistle hadn't gone and the ref insisted on clearing the pitch,then blew a couple of minutes later

chesterfield was my first or second away game,seem to recall the odd pitch invasion even before the game started :lol:

sheff wed evening game,did the pitch get invaded?

I was in the north stand that night but can't recall making the pitch

back to your original post Rev

yeah it's a shame the end of season pitch invasions are mostly gone,it wasn't just all aggro,it was a celebration

Jan 30, 2008

that 3rd photo is a timeless classic Rev :bowdown:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here