Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please remain seated after the game.....

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Chris and the lads would like to show their appreciation for your support this year........

Please don't let this happen this year. A quick clap as we walk off and let's draw a line under our sorry season.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I wonder how many fans will actually bother this season. There are only half a dozen players (if that) who deserve to be an a lap of honour.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I wonder how many fans will actually bother this season. There are only half a dozen players (if that) who deserve to be an a lap of honour.

Only about 10% bothered after the first season at the Amex, which was a disgrace.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Only about 10% bothered after the first season at the Amex, which was a disgrace.

Even last season, that figure wasn't much higher than that. I have always stayed, and will do so again. It's 10 minutes of your life, the least we can do is applaud Best for his goal scoring prowess this season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry season definitely. But maybe (if we survive) a quite round of applause and a huge sigh of relief followed by a contemplating pint that we are not playing turgid league 1 football next season.
It seems like some of the players have not tried as hard as they could recently, but don't forget it is not always the players fault. Poor team selection, playing out of position, lack of motivation, poor substitutions, injuries and trying but in poor form and lack of confidence. Plus a poor manager to start.
Chris is giving me sleepless nights, but at least he would have kept us up.
Maybe clutching at straws a bit right there, but we still support and maybe our thoughts and conversation should be aimed at next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not just about showing gratitude for efforts this season, it will also be the chance for us to say goodbye to many players - quite how many we do not know yet - but it's likely to be the last time CMS graces the Amex as an Albion player (and I think he deserves a positive send-off) and it could even be the last we see of Calde (I'm welling up typing this).

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes, absolutely.

So I buy my season tickets, replica shirts for the kids etc etc but I'm a disgrace for not staying behind to clap the players on a lap of honour (did we win the title or get promoted? but choose to go for a pint with my mates - crikey you have very high standards

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So I buy my season tickets, replica shirts for the kids etc etc but I'm a disgrace for not staying behind to clap the players on a lap of honour (did we win the title or get promoted? but choose to go for a pint with my mates - crikey you have very high standards

Well I have to admit it was an imposition to spend 3 minutes clapping before going for a pint with my mates! Did you expect to win the championship after 14 years without a home?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Well I have to admit it was an imposition to spend 3 minutes clapping before going for a pint with my mates! Did you expect to win the championship after 14 years without a home?

No I didn't expect to win the title but things like staying behind to clap a team means more to some people than others.
I was just picking up on the outrage you seem to feel about something that seems so trivial to me. Stay if you want, well done you are obviously a better more commited supporter than me, but I don't think that makes me a disgrace

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No I didn't expect to win the title but things like staying behind to clap a team means more to some people than others.
I was just picking up on the outrage you seem to feel about something that seems so trivial to me. Stay if you want, well done you are obviously a better more commited supporter than me, but I don't think that makes me a disgrace
Apologies, it's definitely not outrage, I guess disgrace was the wrong word to use.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You really should stay, and clap. It's up to you WHO you consider that you are clapping...

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, it will be goodbye to a fair few. Ankergren deserves a polite round of applause after his efforts across five seasons for starters. And of course, the unthinkable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What about if we are still not safe from relegation ? ???

Can hardly applaud the players for their 'effort' if that's the case.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well I am playing golf in the morning and not sure what time I will be able to get to the ground...in fact if I have enjoyed golf, I may not even bother to go.

If I do get there, I will politely clap at the final whistle and make my way to the exits saying goodbye to my brother in law who has given his season ticket up and patting Tony's ( woodingdean gull) seat next to me and saying a quiet goodbye.

I know what people mean about thanking players, but I feel I have done that over the season, where I always stayed to clap the players off until the last couple of months ago, where I have left the ground on the final whistle.

So I am out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here