Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Driving back from another footballing spectacle at The Amex I was surprised, knowing how tight the top four in the Championship are, to hear discussion of Bournemouth being 1/10 for promotion.

If Watford won tonight, and they did, it would mean four teams were separated by only 2 points with three games to play, although Eddie Howe's boys have a far superior goal difference which gives them an edge.

I've just checked over-achieving Bournemouth's fixtures and they have Sheff Wed (h), Bolton (h) and then Charlton (a). That's a nice run in.

It clearly is all done and dusted as the bookies suggest* so, on behalf of NSC, I'd like to congratulate the plucky minnows from Devon (or wherever) on their historic achievement. Well played chaps.

(* - it really wouldn't be funny in the slightest if they fail to take nine points from those three games and end up in the playoffs)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The way their fans were singing the other night you'd have assumed they were 9 points clear...

Also, I believe they passed FFP recently but I assume they would likely fail the next one for the current season?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I hope they get promoted. An outstanding manager and, as far as I can see, a team put together at comparable cost to Albion's in the last three years- as well as a lower wage bill ? Good for them.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Driving back from another footballing spectacle at The Amex I was surprised, knowing how tight the top four in the Championship are, to hear discussion of Bournemouth being 1/10 for promotion.

If Watford won tonight, and they did, it would mean four teams were separated by only 2 points with three games to play, although Eddie Howe's boys have a far superior goal difference which gives them an edge.

I've just checked over-achieving Bournemouth's fixtures and they have Sheff Wed (h), Bolton (h) and then Charlton (a). That's a nice run in.

It clearly is all done and dusted as the bookies suggest* so, on behalf of NSC, I'd like to congratulate the plucky minnows from Devon (or wherever) on their historic achievement. Well played chaps.

(* - it really wouldn't be funny in the slightest if Albion fail to take any points from the last three games and end up in the relegation zone)

Edited to show the primary concern that we should be reflecting on, rather than bitter riposte at another club's success.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Lower wages than ours? Dream on.

Hence the question mark. I don't know how much higher it is. But certainly their transfer dealings, especially with the Lallana money, have worked out well. I'd like to see them promoted.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
AFC Bournemouth > Brighton & Hove Albion :down:

How. On. Earth. Has. It. Come. To. This.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Pleased for them but am saddened that of the 4 south Coast teams we will be the only team that hasn't been in the Prem. furthermore we are light years away. Not one of our players truth be told is good enough to grace a top two Championship side ....

Kayal would be good enough, Lua Lua is a talent to have on the bench in any Championship side.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I hope they lose the rest of their matches and finish 7th.

And if they do get promoted, I hope they finish next season with "nul points".

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hope they lose the rest of their matches and finish 7th.

Impossible to happen - unless it comes out that they fielded an ineligible player in a couple of games they won.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Impossible to happen - unless it comes out that they fielded an ineligible player in a couple of games they won.

I'll willingly do the research to find that ineligible player.

But losing in the playoffs would do just as well.

I used to live very near Bournemouth and actually work in the town. For me it's a hole filling the gap between the far more interesting and historical towns of Christchurch and Poole.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Their squad is probably worse than the one Palace went up with, it will probably be rather funny to watch.

Hopefully they dont go up and get screwed when then inevitably fail FFP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here