Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No. He was never going to be back for this season, but given it was the beginning of October that he picked it up, standard recoveries for ACL suggest that he ought to be back for pre-season.
Why is it that our best/most desired players this season are the ones that are out injured?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Spoke to Guy Butters who had seen him, and Crofty said he's taking it much slower this time around to ensure he is absolutely right and strong enough to resume his career.

In terms of this type of injury, if it went again it would be difficult to see him coming back again.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As much as I will be happy to see him back in the squad an fit again, he is not going to help us become a more creative side or score more goals sadly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I spoke to him at the sponsors dinner. He said he is happy with his recovery and it seems to have healed better than the previous one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he optimistic about coming back as he was, taking into account he didnt appear the same player after the first injury and prior to this one he wasnt lifting any trees with his performances and to be perfectly honest was struggling in comparison to previous times.up

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is he optomistic about coming back as he was, taking into account he didnt appear the same player after the first injury and prior to this one he wasnt lifting any trees with his performances and to be perfectly honest was struggling in comparison to previous times.

Yes he is optimistic.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think its a bit unfair to say that Crofts wouldn't contribute to goals. At his best he would make an indirect difference to the scoring record of the current team. After his first injury he took a while to get going. However his performances,strength and fitness were improving before the second injury. However it happening twice is now a real worry. Let's hope he can recover.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm a bit concerned for him as his game is based so heavily around dynamism so he really needs to be at full fitness. Here's hoping he can get there and stay there.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm a bit concerned for him as his game is based so heavily around dynamism so he really needs to be at full fitness. Here's hoping he can get there and stay there.

His dynamism is key, but so is his goal contribution. The question is whether any impact on the former affects the latter. I suspect it will, but it's just a suspicion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as I will be happy to see him back in the squad an fit again, he is not going to help us become a more creative side or score more goals sadly
Given how few goals we currently score, I reckon my cocker spaniel could help, and Crofts does actually score a few.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope so because if he was back to his Norwich form he would be a god send but I do not have that same confidence about his recovery, but he must know better than anybody how it is going

Back to his Norwich form?, l don't know that he was that brilliant while he was there. Much better when playing for us before his move l think.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Love this Crofty goal , we have missed him for sure

[yt]n9zNev2MEMo[/yt]

I remember seeing him score a couple of crackers in a game for norwich in the Prem (I think).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His dynamism is key, but so is his goal contribution.

Not really. He scores 3/4 goals a season on average. He's not a big goal scoring midfielder by any stretch of the imagination. I think some of his goals have just been memorable (vs Saints, last minute winners/equalisers) so people remember him scoring a lot more than he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here