Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does CMS get off so lightly with our fans?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Because he runs a lot?

Please tell me what else he adds?

He came on, fell over, Miscontrolled it, and was certainly no better than Best...

I'm confused.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You could never fault his effort. Most fans don't really mind if a player is shit as long as he's trying his best.

Personally I think CMS is shit but I'm always desperate for the guy to prove me wrong - he seems a very decent sort, especially for a professional footballer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He doesn't with me. Sad to say it, as I, like most people, would love to see him turn the corner. But we can't wait forever for him to find the key at this level, and from what we've seen, he's just not up to it. And, I'm afraid, is getting worse. His first touch is awful & his instincts that- at Peterborough- would have seen him constantly in the right place at the right time, has deserted him.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
To be complete shit this thread should have been a poll

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Because he tries to make the most of what ability he has - that's as much as any player can do. He didn't force us to pay Peterborough £2m+ for him 4 years ago; there were a number of clubs interested at that price.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You could never fault his effort. Most fans don't really mind if a player is shit as long as he's trying his best.

Personally I think CMS is shit but I'm always desperate for the guy to prove me wrong - he seems a very decent sort, especially for a professional footballer.

Couldnt agree more I think you sum up how I feel. He nearly got a hatrick last night, 2 fouls and no touches having been on the pitch 2 minutes. I thought he might get the hatrick with a third foul, but as normal he dissappointed me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He puts a lot of effort in. Fans can't abide a lazy player or one that is perceived to be lazy.

Don't buy this: Ashley Barnes put in a huge amount of effort, he'd do more than his fair share of defending - far more than CMS does - and he got slagged off a fair proportion of people on NSC.

So effort alone doesn't cut it ... I reckon it's the hair

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Best TRIED last night. No question. The booing of his sub and cheering of Macca coming on was nonsensical bollocks.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Because he runs a lot?

Please tell me what else he adds?

He came on, fell over, Miscontrolled it, and was certainly no better than Best...

I'm confused.

Better than best, a good logo for a Yankee burger chain?

The fact that I am counting now to 25 games without a goal shows I am not one of the ones that let him off.
In fact, I am making plans to get the Queen to send him a telegram when he hits the magic 100

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have to agree the Ashley Barnes was hounded out of the club. He is the only one of our exes to play regularly in the Premier. (Except Murray).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More worryingly from the article in the Argus by Bloom last week, it appears he still rates CMS. Not enough to give him a new deal I hope..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More worryingly from the article in the Argus by Bloom last week, it appears he still rates CMS. Not enough to give him a new deal I hope..

I'd like to think (hope) that after all this time, and especially now we're in the post-Burke era, somebody at the Albion will make the decision to cut our losses on that one. It's simply never going to happen for him.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
CMS doesn't get grief from me, because I don't see him as a lone striker.

He is a player (like Baldock) who has made his name playing as one of a pair, yet we have either stuck him up front on his own and isolated him pumping ball into his head against centre halves 12 inches taller than him, or played him out wide. He is not that sort of player.

If he played regularly up front as one of a front pair (not just 10 or 15 minutes when we are chasing a game), and he still didn't produce results, then I think he would get a lot more stick than he does.

But as not one of our managers has played to his strength, that's why I think it's unfair to judge him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CMS doesn't get grief from me, because I don't see him as a lone striker.

He is a player (like Baldock) who has made his name playing as one of a pair, yet we have either stuck him up front on his own and isolated him pumping ball into his head against centre halves 12 inches taller than him, or played him out wide. He is not that sort of player.

If he played regularly up front as one of a front pair (not just 10 or 15 minutes when we are chasing a game), and he still didn't produce results, then I think he would get a lot more stick than he does.

But as not one of our managers has played to his strength, that's why I think it's unfair to judge him.

There are few with this view, my only observation is "shouldn't he be able to control the ball, regardless of how he is played?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here