Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long in to next season will Hughton get?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Assuming he is given the summer to build his own team how many games would you give him to prove he is a better manager than he is currently showing?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
If this carries on. In the words of Yoda "Poisoned chalice Is Brighton. No manager will go"

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
If this carries on. In the words of Yoda "Poisoned chalice Is Brighton. No manager will go"

Exactly this. We'd end up with a merry-go-round of six month journeymen managers, all failing then moving on if we're not careful. Continuity and stability and time, does it give that option on FIFA 15?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think many of us actually believe he is the right man do we??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Give him a chance to prove it over a Season at least with his own players. Then make an educated assessment.

Not sure we have a choice, he has done what he was brought in to do...almost, so deserves the chance. I question whether he will be allowed to get his own players and also whether he will be boring us to death next season. It's telling that it took him eight months to get a job after his Norwich sacking.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If the board were serious about a promotion push & are willing to invest on the playing side, then we should go out & get Warburton & his staff. Not fair on CH, but life isn't fair.
I would like nothing more than for CH to prove my doubts wrong.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

No kidding.

I mean it: if even Mr bloody nice guy Hughton becomes the latest poor sod to walk the Albion manager's office gangplank this summer, then it's abundantly clear to everyone - bar the most demented of drooling club sycophants - that there is a SERIOUS problem behind the scenes with how this club is run. And that's a problem that will urgently need to be addressed if things are ever, ever to improve.

Personally, I've long suspected that that's the case, really ever since the Poyet debacle. These are self-inflicted wounds, IMHO. Honestly, what a farce.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think many of us actually believe he is the right man do we??

Not sure he's the best man for the job, but he is the best that we have and after the past couple of years, we need to give him a full season to build what he can from the current mess before we let someone else in.

He needs a chance with his own players and we, as a club, need to show that anyone coming in will at least be allowed to see out the season in the job - other we'll never attract a good manager to work for us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I believe he is. It's just the squad he has inherited aren't good enough and quite frankly aren't up to the task. Bar a few player's.
He should be able to improve the squad he inherited but he hasn't. I hope I'm proven wrong next season but based on what I've seen so far he was the wrong choice. Bloom panicked. Instead of leaving Jones in charge for another couple of weeks, until better candidates were looked at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here