Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

A REAL manager........

0 Not allowed!
    .......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up! Hughton is relying way too heavily on the old 'it's not my fault' malarkey and as he stands statue-like on the touchline suited and booted he is slowly starting to resemble an even more inanimate replica of Oscar or - even worse - of Sami Hyppia!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Very harsh to guide him with the shower of shit he has inherited. He has to be given the summer and cash to build his own squad.

He has done something that no Brighton manager has for a while, and finally got a solid midfield. All he needs is to replace everything else (expect the keepers and Dunk) and we'll be fine!
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

That is all!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      .......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up!!
      Another Di Canio voter. Because, passion.
      (Knowledge that WWII is actually over is nice, but non-essential.)
      I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first.

(Arrigo Sacchi, Italian national coach; coach, AC Milan, x2.etc. Never played a day professionally)

5 Not allowed!
      .......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up! Hughton is relying way too heavily on the old 'it's not my fault' malarkey and as he stands statue-like on the touchline suited and booted he is slowly starting to resemble an even more inanimate replica of Oscar or - even worse - of Sami Hyppia!!
      So come on then, who would you choose to replace him? It's not like we've got an enormous war chest for the summer, and, let's face it, we need a massive overhaul. Who could do it better? I genuinely feel for CH, he's come into the club with his hands tied, had nothing to work with through the January window, and has done a reasonable job in stopping us leaking goals. The only area he's let himself down in, in any way, is signing Leon Best. It just hasn't worked.

What's galling is that there are clubs around us in the league with some serious quality up front - even Nakhi Wells at Huddersfield is significantly better than ANY of our strikers. Give CH the close season, get "his" side together, then let's see where we are come October or November.....
      I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand......
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RexCathedra View Post
      Another Di Canio voter. Because, passion.
      (Knowledge that WWII is actually over is nice, but non-essential.)
      Try to make some sense?!
      I want a team that fights and battles for every ball - this team doesn't and has not a single 'leader' in tonights starting line-up! Unless you can name one??!!

8 Not allowed!
      Try to make some sense?!
      I want a team that fights and battles for every ball - this team doesn't and has not a single 'leader' in tonights starting line-up! Unless you can name one??!!
      At the risk of labouring the point - this is not Hughtons team. He has inherited a patched-up shower of shit, and has just about steered it away from the L1 abyss that Hyypia was driving us into.

Were you seriously expecting someone to come in and have this hopeless mob driving remorselessly up the table ? This season has been a complete write-off. The best Hughton can be expected do is ensure we're still in this league next season, which he is on course to achieve. Then its time for a clearout. Then its time for Hughton to start building.

Judge him on next season.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      I know exactly the man:

By next season I'll have my @barntonfc boys with the same attitude and mentality as the play off winning Brighton Hove Albion side I was in.

Leon knight.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Were loose
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      Maybe's he's trying to show TB how shite this squad is to make sure he puts his hand in his pocket in the summer
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      At the risk of labouring the point - this is not Hughtons team. He has inherited a patched-up shower of shit, and has just about steered it away from the L1 abyss that Hyypia was driving us into.

Were you seriously expecting someone to come in and have this hopeless mob driving remorselessly up the table ? This season has been a complete write-off. The best Hughton can be expected do is ensure we're still in this league next season, which he is on course to achieve. Then its time for a clearout. Then its time for Hughton to start building.

Judge him on next season.
      Whilst I do take your point Stockdale, Halford, Dunk, Stevens, Carayol/ LuaLua, Tex if he stays, Kayal, plus two decent full-backs may well be the core of next seasons team - striker-wise we know we need strengthening but lets not forget O'Grady scored 15 at this level last term so whilst allegedly not a 'natural' finisher he knows where the net is! No shots on target in a must win game at home against relatively lowly opposition is a worrying indication of of Hughtons reserved approach that turned Norwich fans against him. I hope I'm proved wrong!!