Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A REAL manager........

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
.......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up! Hughton is relying way too heavily on the old 'it's not my fault' malarkey and as he stands statue-like on the touchline suited and booted he is slowly starting to resemble an even more inanimate replica of Oscar or - even worse - of Sami Hyppia!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Very harsh to guide him with the shower of shit he has inherited. He has to be given the summer and cash to build his own squad.

He has done something that no Brighton manager has for a while, and finally got a solid midfield. All he needs is to replace everything else (expect the keepers and Dunk) and we'll be fine!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
.......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up!!

Another Di Canio voter. Because, passion.
(Knowledge that WWII is actually over is nice, but non-essential.)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
.......would come in and stabilise the position but then TRY to engender some hunger, some passion, some spirit and camerarderie that are CLEARLY missing in this present set up! Hughton is relying way too heavily on the old 'it's not my fault' malarkey and as he stands statue-like on the touchline suited and booted he is slowly starting to resemble an even more inanimate replica of Oscar or - even worse - of Sami Hyppia!!

So come on then, who would you choose to replace him? It's not like we've got an enormous war chest for the summer, and, let's face it, we need a massive overhaul. Who could do it better? I genuinely feel for CH, he's come into the club with his hands tied, had nothing to work with through the January window, and has done a reasonable job in stopping us leaking goals. The only area he's let himself down in, in any way, is signing Leon Best. It just hasn't worked.

What's galling is that there are clubs around us in the league with some serious quality up front - even Nakhi Wells at Huddersfield is significantly better than ANY of our strikers. Give CH the close season, get "his" side together, then let's see where we are come October or November.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Try to make some sense?!
I want a team that fights and battles for every ball - this team doesn't and has not a single 'leader' in tonights starting line-up! Unless you can name one??!!

At the risk of labouring the point - this is not Hughtons team. He has inherited a patched-up shower of shit, and has just about steered it away from the L1 abyss that Hyypia was driving us into.

Were you seriously expecting someone to come in and have this hopeless mob driving remorselessly up the table ? This season has been a complete write-off. The best Hughton can be expected do is ensure we're still in this league next season, which he is on course to achieve. Then its time for a clearout. Then its time for Hughton to start building.

Judge him on next season.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I know exactly the man:

By next season I'll have my @barntonfc boys with the same attitude and mentality as the play off winning Brighton Hove Albion side I was in.

Leon knight.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
At the risk of labouring the point - this is not Hughtons team. He has inherited a patched-up shower of shit, and has just about steered it away from the L1 abyss that Hyypia was driving us into.

Were you seriously expecting someone to come in and have this hopeless mob driving remorselessly up the table ? This season has been a complete write-off. The best Hughton can be expected do is ensure we're still in this league next season, which he is on course to achieve. Then its time for a clearout. Then its time for Hughton to start building.

Judge him on next season.

Whilst I do take your point Stockdale, Halford, Dunk, Stevens, Carayol/ LuaLua, Tex if he stays, Kayal, plus two decent full-backs may well be the core of next seasons team - striker-wise we know we need strengthening but lets not forget O'Grady scored 15 at this level last term so whilst allegedly not a 'natural' finisher he knows where the net is! No shots on target in a must win game at home against relatively lowly opposition is a worrying indication of of Hughtons reserved approach that turned Norwich fans against him. I hope I'm proved wrong!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Whilst I do take your point Stockdale, Halford, Dunk, Stevens, Carayol/ LuaLua, Tex if he stays, Kayal, plus two decent full-backs may well be the core of next seasons team - striker-wise we know we need strengthening but lets not forget O'Grady scored 15 at this level last term so whilst allegedly not a 'natural' finisher he knows where the net is! No shots on target in a must win game at home against relatively lowly opposition is a worrying indication of of Hughtons reserved approach that turned Norwich fans against him. I hope I'm proved wrong!!

Agree. Forgetting all past results if this were the first game of the season and you named the strongest team you could then I'm fairly confident that most/many would say it would be good enough to challenge for play offs.

Most of those players haven't suddenly become bad .. although in Best's case he's been bad for ages.

Hypia definately buggered it up but Hughton has done little to change much and his comments about Best are staggering.

Thank Christ we got a bump when Hypia left

el punal

That's a bit harsh. Hughton's main objective when he was appointed was, I would imagine, that the club did not get relegated. The fact that he has to manage a team of players whose quality falls way short of the club's ambitions is not his fault. In other words trying to make silk purses out of sows ears.

Barring an absolute disaster he has achieved that aim. It is next season, after a huge summer of overhauling the playing staff, will we be able to judge, and criticise, his management style. For the moment we have to endure horrible football, but at least we know that it is temporary - and most importantly keeps us in this division.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have this horrible recurring nightmare that the first permanent signing next season is......Leon best

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Very harsh to guide him with the shower of shit he has inherited. He has to be given the summer and cash to build his own squad.

He has done something that no Brighton manager has for a while, and finally got a solid midfield. All he needs is to replace everything else (expect the keepers and Dunk) and we'll be fine!

But he didn't inherit Best did he? He brought in his mate as our saviour. That's worked well! If that's the quality of his judgement maybe he is a manager who shouldn't be having much of a say when it comes to summer recruitment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That's a bit harsh. Hughton's main objective when he was appointed was, I would imagine, that the club did not get relegated. The fact that he has to manage a team of players whose quality falls way short of the club's ambitions is not his fault. In other words trying to make silk purses out of sows ears.

Most of them were part of a play off squad the previous year so not sure how he is trying to make silk purses out of sows ears

Ince for Bridcutt, many will argue is a straight swap ... Buckley was in and out for the most part and never recreated the form of season #1. JFC still doing it for U21's. Arguabely Tex and Kayal have strengthened us too. We def miss Ulloa but how many would he score in this side?

I'm in the camp that our problems are down to Management, .. likely all of coaching, tactics, selections and simple motivation

Shuffling the pack and just replacing the players isn't the answer imo

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
People keep saying Hypia ballsed it up but we were told that he didn't know the transfer market in this country, OG the same before him, and what we're seeing now is pretty much the same players under CH and their still terrible. Until the manager can truely bring in his own players and not have them forced on him he shouldn't really have to take all the blame, although what's going on on the training pitches during the week is anyone's guess when the players can't hit a 10yd pass to a team-mate when under no pressure.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
There was a more than even chance we were going down under SH. The results under CH was top half of the table but thee last 4 games [nil goals and 1 point against average teams] has been appalling, sub SH type form. The jury is very much out again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here