Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Magnificent With Joao Injury

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
I am led to believe that Tex has suffered a very serious injury. Regardless of what some people appear to think of his playing talent on this forum he is a charming young man who has gone out of his way to help out at the club and within the community. I wish him all the best.

Aside from this, Bruno was ABSOULUTELY MAGNIFICENT this evening when Joao was lying on the pitch weeping his heart out. He comforted him, kept speaking slowly to him, gave him water and generally did everything a senior pro should do in such a terrible circumstance. Calde and Stocko also came over to play their parts too.

It's been a disappointing season, but credit where credit is due away from the action; the pictures I saw of concerned team mates caring for each other were both moving and uplifting.

Estupendo Bruno :clap:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good to hear because i thought Bruno was shit tonight

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am led to believe that Tex has suffered a very serious injury. Regardless of what some people appear to think of his playing talent on this forum he is a charming young man who has gone out of his way to help out at the club and within the community. I wish him all the best.

Aside from this, Bruno was ABSOULUTELY MAGNIFICENT this evening when Joao was lying on the pitch weeping his heart out. He comforted him, kept speaking slowly to him, gave him water and generally did everything a senior pro should do in such a terrible circumstance. Calde and Stocko also came over to play their parts too.

It's been a disappointing season, but credit where credit is due away from the action; the pictures I saw of concerned team mates caring for each other were both moving and uplifting.

Yes i noticed that from Bruno...i thought the ref was poor in dealing with the injury ...seemed more bothered in getting his yellow card out

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good to hear he did something of value tonight then, not really sure it warranted being on the pitch all game though, he could've come on with the medical staff.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good to hear he did something of value tonight then, not really sure it warranted being on the pitch all game though, he could've come on with the medical staff.
Agreed. What a wanker that Bruno is... I'm not sure if I hate him more or less than Calderon.

:thud:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Great post and all correct.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Yes i noticed that from Bruno...i thought the ref was poor in dealing with the injury ...seemed more bothered in getting his yellow card out

this. the ref was a ****ing disgrace. he was clearly in agony and all he could do was wave his card about. calde had to call on the physio.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good to hear because i thought Bruno was shit tonight

NSC chat at it's worst. Not least because Bruno was one of our better performers tonight. But he was kind and caring with young Tex who was obviously in agony, and it took Calde to realise the seriousness of the injury. Poor show from d'Urso.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Agree - they did very well. They also did well to concentrate on defending the free kick that followed after going through that.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Texeira's original tackle was a shocker - and it's sad that he did so much damage to himself it seems - but the referee was really odd for such an apparently experienced man. Totally detached and still chatting and giggling with others while Tex was being given support. D'Urso has had quite a few idiot moments in his career and to show so little concern was pretty pathetic. Hopefully he'll be retired soon. Well done to the Huddersfield fans for applauding when Tex went off, even though he'd wiped out their player. At least they realised the seriousness of the situation. I for one will be sad if we don't see Texeira in an Albion shirt again - I think he has great talent - and will obviously mature into something much better and stronger.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Having met D'Urso and able to speak to him several years ago, I couldn't actually believe how arrogant, obnoxious, self important he was. Astonishing really, but then it does seem to be the preserve of the professional referee personality trait. I perhaps expected at least some resemblance of a normal person underneath his refereeing facade - but no, the man is an c**t.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
this. the ref was a ****ing disgrace. he was clearly in agony and all he could do was wave his card about. calde had to call on the physio.

D'urso is / was / and always will be a **** ...... we always struggle with this twerp refereeing. Inconsistent / Unfit / past it (if he ever had it) Sad to see Tex leave the pitch and possibly the team in this way. Hopefully Liverpool will loan him to us for next season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not sure that's strictly fair. On first viewing, it looked like a clumsy foul by Teixeira on a player who had got past him (there were a few of those last night, Joe Bennett did the same by pulling somebody back who'd beaten him for pace/skill). It's not uncommon for players who've committed fouls to appear a little bit injured in an effort to avoid a card or a ticking off, and I guess D'Urso momentarily thought Teixeira was doing exactly that, so he got on with it. If you look at the photos from when it first happened, Teixeira was sitting up for a split second, looking merely puzzled, presumably until the pain kicked in.

If footballers as a rule weren't such utter shysters when it comes to feigning injury, there might not be that initial inclination from officials to disregard them. After all: how many times have we all witnessed an opposition player, or one of our own in fact, give it the Dying Swan, only to leap up moments later after a quick drink of water & a reassuring pat from the physio?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Agree on D'Urso, awful person.

However, back to the OP, in my opinion if it weren't for Calde being such a legend off the field, then Bruno would be highlighted more for the work that he does. He is a great supporter of AITC events and as per last night is a respected leader within the squad, and a generally good bloke. In a sh1t season it is some comfort to have both of them as fantastic examples that not all foreigners who come here are mercenaries and that they want to immerse themselves in the culture and community around them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here