Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Sums It Up

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A very good interview. He certainly has this spot on, and manages to state what is happening without actually upsetting those that surround him.
stick with it to the end.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
What a top lad he is. That was probably one of the most genuine interviews I've seen from a footballer. He's a class act.

Feb 14, 2010
An interview to say "its not the defence or me as goal keeper fault that we are a terrible lower league side fighting relegation from the second tier". Made some good points but really how many howlers has been made by our keeper this season? Too many and I bloody hope our manager sits him down and tells him that. Yes we have bloody terrible strikers (spending £2 Million on CMS instead of Murray.. only at Brighton) but lets not let the rest of the team off the hook. A top what 11 to 15 support in the country and a bunch of players, some of which would be lucky to get into the Burgess Hill Town side these days. No excuses and all the grief the team get they deserve. Flouncing around a nice posh training ground at Lancing? Forget it, if I was their manager, I'd have them down the park and running around Whitehawk. Reality check needed for the lot. Lets have some Brian Clough common sense on these players and lets not pamper them - they dont deserve it and its doing them no favours. They are not special until they prove it and all they have proven this season is that they are well sh!te.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very good interview and I agree the defence particularly under Houghton has tightened up our goal differance is the best of any team at the bottom but our attack play has been woeful and could still be what takes us down cannot see any of our forwards scoring another goal this season

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
An interview to say "its not the defence or me as goal keeper fault that we are a terrible lower league side fighting relegation from the second tier". Made some good points but really how many howlers has been made by our keeper this season? Too many and I bloody hope our manager sits him down and tells him that. Yes we have bloody terrible strikers (spending £2 Million on CMS instead of Murray.. only at Brighton) but lets not let the rest of the team off the hook. A top what 11 to 15 support in the country and a bunch of players, some of which would be lucky to get into the Burgess Hill Town side these days. No excuses and all the grief the team get they deserve. Flouncing around a nice posh training ground at Lancing? Forget it, if I was their manager, I'd have them down the park and running around Whitehawk. Reality check needed for the lot. Lets have some Brian Clough common sense on these players and lets not pamper them -they dont deserve it and its doing them no favours. They are not special until they prove it and all they have proven this season is that they are well sh!te.

If you look at the stats, outside the top 6, only one team has conceded fewer goals than us. Goalkeepers and defenders will make mistakes but what has cost us is the failure to score goals.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you look at the stats, outside the top 6, only one team has conceded fewer goals than us. Goalkeepers and defenders will make mistakes but what has cost us is the failure to score goals.

Goals from anywhere too, not just forwards. Another thing that annoys me, Stephens is probably one of our tallest players - and yet he takes all our corners and set pieces while Calderon, Kayal, Tex etc. all get in the box. :mad: At this pretty much desperate stage of the season, can one of our shorter players not take a corner so we can at least get some more height in the box!? It's little details like these that are really winding me up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Goals from anywhere too, not just forwards. Another thing that annoys me, Stephens is probably one of our tallest players - and yet he takes all our corners and set pieces while Calderon, Kayal, Tex etc. all get in the box. :mad: At this pretty much desperate stage of the season, can one of our shorter players not take a corner so we can at least get some more height in the box!? It's little details like these that are really winding me up.

Great words from Stockers, very genuine. Agree with you [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]
Our problem isn't at the back. It's 100% final third. The odd defensive lapse (and all of those at the back have made a few, Dunk probably costing us the most in points this season) is magnified massively because nothing is going in at the other end. In a 'normal' season we'd be praising the tightness at the back and the mistakes forgiven because they would have led to consolation goals in 3-1 wins.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

This. And what makes the defensive record even more impressive is that we are so poor upfront that it puts pressure on the defence. Cook and Elphick are confident their forwards will score goals so can defend in a more relaxed way; our boys know goal conceded = game lost.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Very good interview and I agree the defence particularly under Houghton has tightened up our goal differance is the best of any team at the bottom but our attack play has been woeful and could still be what takes us down cannot see any of our forwards scoring another goal this season

Houghton, Houghton, who the F**K is Houghton?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a top lad he is. That was probably one of the most genuine interviews I've seen from a footballer. He's a class act.

He's also one of the leaders on the pitch. Before kick off, he goes to every team member to encourage them.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
He sounds like he's about to burst into tears throughout this interview - wouldn't blame him!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's also one of the leaders on the pitch. Before kick off, he goes to every team member to encourage them.

His attitude from the word go has been extraordinary. It is this that persuaded me that he was a fine replacement for TK, who tended to sow discord amongst his defence, and caused panic whenever the ball was played back to him. Stockdale's made a few calamitous mistakes this season, but he's been one of our better players, and is probably the best (perhaps with the exception of Kayal) in terms of the team.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
For those of us at work so can't hear the interview, anyone fancy stating what he said in a broad sense?

Cheers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For those of us at work so can't hear the interview, anyone fancy stating what he said in a broad sense?

Cheers

He was about to dissolve into a puddle of tears. That is basically it

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Cheers
We all take the blame for a defensive error together, we all share the blame for no shots on target. From the tea boy to the chairman we are in it together - that was more or less it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
great interview ...did Greer do one...?? that interview and the fact that wigan lost have got to be a rallying cry for the team..!!

very honest interview.....he has gone up in my estimations...:thumbsup:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He was about to dissolve into a puddle of tears. That is basically it

We all take the blame for a defensive error together, we all share the blame for no shots on target. From the tea boy to the chairman we are in it together - that was more or less it.

haha! Thanks both, at least CH knows what needs to be done during the summer. Quite a cull I should imagine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here