Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom in pledge to fans - 6 Aug 14

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/11389547.Bloom_in_pledge_to_fans/

Assurance from our Chairman that, before the season started, we 'got our main targets'. Also mention that there would like to be more players in, but 'it's a difficult market', and we need to find the find players at the right price.

Meanwhile, Bournemouth completed their business in the first week of June. As did Chelsea.... Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

What we, as fans, have learnt over our time in the Championship is that to be at the top you need to pay the price. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Grabban, Ward, Clayton.. All 'too expensive'.. All playing at a higher level.

Oh yeah, that's right, we're sticking to FFP. Just as Bournemouth have done. And when they're counting their cash in the Prem, Tony Bloom may well reflect on the worst gamble of his career.

I hope I'm wrong.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/11389547.Bloom_in_pledge_to_fans/

Assurance from our Chairman that, before the season started, we 'got our main targets'. Also mention that there would like to be more players in, but 'it's a difficult market', and we need to find the find players at the right price.

Meanwhile, Bournemouth completed their business in the first week of June. As did Chelsea.... Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

What we, as fans, have learnt over our time in the Championship is that to be at the top you need to pay the price. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Grabban, Ward, Clayton.. All 'too expensive'.. All playing at a higher level.

Oh yeah, that's right, we're sticking to FFP. Just as Bournemouth have done. And when they're counting their cash in the Prem, Tony Bloom may well reflect on the worst gamble of his career.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just regurgitate it at the start of the season rather like groundhog day. Most of the words will be the same

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We could've signed Messi and Ronaldo for the good it would've done with Hyypia as manager. Let's see what happens this summer.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Too be fair to Bloom he has sacked the two people most at blame for the season.

But he has to take most of the blame, as he keeps employing dull weak managers.

Hopefully Houghton will have a chance to change 80% of the team for next season, and come good

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
And before everybody gets too comfy, it's not over yet - Millwall still have a lot of work to do, but tonight was our last real chance for 3 points this season. And yes, I do include Saturday, because for however shit Wigan are at home, read us away from home.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Not doing more to keep Gus at the club while the momentum was at an all time high was one of the greatest mistakes in the history of the football club.

If only TB gave him the extra few million quid he was asking for (considering it was before FFP came into action) then we would almost certainly be a Premier League club, all the ingredients were right.

Oh well, it's TB's money I suppose.

That was it, the Jan window 2013. Ulloa brought in, but it needed 2 or 3 real quality players to push us over the edge. It didn't happen. Speculate to accumulate etc. Never mind...!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He should have listened to Oscar rather than the non footballing people

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Sorry but i don't believe a word this guy says now. Think he's been playing the semi-bluff. I know this is is probably going to garner some negative feedback but i'm just saying how i feel about it. It'll be the same come next transfer. If it's not i'll put my hands up and eat my hat so to speak.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Maybe it's time to sell up to someone prepared to take a bigger gamble?
The board don't appear to have the confidence to back a manager with a sizeable transfer pot.
Let's hope they put more faith in Hughton this summer, and early enough.

At the moment we are all fur coat and no knickers. Great stadium, shite performances.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Sorry but i don't believe a word this guy says now. Think he's been playing the semi-bluff. I know this is is probably going to garner some negative feedback but i'm just saying how i feel about it. It'll be the same come next transfer. If it's not i'll put my hands up and eat my hat so to speak.

I'm afraid this might be the case. Spent all the money on an over-spec'd stadium and didn't leave enough for fielding a talented team.

Oh, and the small matter of £600k on a Chief Exec PER YEAR

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Too be fair to Bloom he has sacked the two people most at blame for the season.

But he has to take most of the blame, as he keeps employing dull weak managers.

Hopefully Houghton will have a chance to change 80% of the team for next season, and come good

To be very fair to Bloom, he did not sack Hyypia. He had just left for Oz having endorsed Hyypia before leaving when Hyypia resigned. His handling of Hyypia's reign still baffles me, I am looking forward to some sort of explanation at the next fans forum.

Hughton has to be given a chance to fix things at the end of the season, but I must admit I am worried by what I have seen so far. What on earth has happened to the confidence we saw after Hyypia left under Jones and at the beginning of Hughton's reign? All very concerning and we are lucky that there are some really crap teams in this division.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe it's time to sell up to someone prepared to take a bigger gamble?
The board don't appear to have the confidence to back a manager with a sizeable transfer pot.
Let's hope they put more faith in Hughton this summer, and early enough.

At the moment we are all fur coat and no knickers. Great stadium, shite performances.

What a ridiculous suggestion? Tony is the dream owner for us we just have to be patient. Would rather wait 10 years for top flight with Tony than get an unknown foreign oil man. This club has taken gambles before NEVER again thank you

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be very fair to Bloom, he did not sack Hyypia. He had just left for Oz having endorsed Hyypia before leaving when Hyypia resigned. His handling of Hyypia's reign still baffles me, I am looking forward to some sort of explanation at the next fans forum.

Hughton has to be given a chance to fix things at the end of the season, but I must admit I am worried by what I have seen so far. What on earth has happened to the confidence we saw after Hyypia left under Jones and at the beginning of Hughton's reign? All very concerning and we are lucky that there are some really crap teams in this division.

Spot on about Hyypia. I would LOVE to know.

Hyypia, clueless tho he was, is a man of real integrity and resigned thus waiving any compo.

He could have sat it out, got the sack, get the compo.

Dangerous, dangerous gamble by Bloom that. We would have been down by now with Sami in charge.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
My absolute biggest fear with this summers transfer window is that we no longer have the pulling power that we had 2 or 3 years ago. Yes the money is a big issue but when we had momentum (and to be fair poyet) people wanted to play for the club. I'm not sure we can attract much better than we have now.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My absolute biggest fear with this summers transfer window is that we no longer have the pulling power that we had 2 or 3 years ago. Yes the money is a big issue but when we had momentum (and to be fair poyet) people wanted to play for the club. I'm not sure we can attract much better than we have now.

Rubbish we have the best stadium in league 1

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
What a ridiculous suggestion? Tony is the dream owner for us we just have to be patient. Would rather wait 10 years for top flight with Tony than get an unknown foreign oil man. This club has taken gambles before NEVER again thank you

So in your opinion. Would you rather keep what we have been doing by getting loanees in and scraping the bottom of the barrel. JUST hoping we hit gold with a 3rd/4th/5th ranked player who hasn't seen any gametime in about 6 months?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think Bournemouth are spending more on wages/fees than the Albion this season ?

If they're not it doesn't say much for the football acumen of the Albion's hierarchy does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here